Principal Software Engineer
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
OneDrive and SharePoint are rapidly growing services at the center of Microsoft's cloud, reaching almost every part of the company, like Windows and Office. You would be a part of a team that can fundamentally change the way that millions of people use their devices and interact with the most important content in their lives.
You'll design and deliver systems that enable partners and ISVs to migrate from other cloud providers, improve core systems performance and efficiencies, and ensure zero customer impact throughout the change management cycle. You will deliver systems to meet our business continuity planning goals, provide telemetry for optimizing the service and drive our response time for detecting and resolving service issues down.
We are looking for smart, agile, and intellectually curious engineers who love creating and building things that delight and protect our customers. You will be working with a team of amazing engineers, PMs, and designers, and work closely with other teams across Microsoft to deliver large scale, distributed architectures, and features to meet OneDrive and SharePoint's core infrastructure needs.
- 10+ years of industry programming, software development, and/or software engineering experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent
- Collaborate with partner teams to meet the engineering goals in a unified manner
- Proficient in delivering and interacting with REST API’s and web services across multiple systems
- Strong coding, debugging, algorithm design and problem-solving skills.
- Experience with cloud-scale services and server/service management features.
- Able to learn new systems quickly and adapt new methodologies to our service
- Experience with building cloud-scale infrastructure components.
- Awareness, passion, and experience related to cloud scale distributed design and patterns.
- Familiar with secure software design concepts
- Proven track record of delivering projects that include multiple components
- Ability and eagerness to work across and partner with multiple engineering teams to achieve business goals
By applying to this position, you are being considered for multiple like positions within our organization – OneDrive and SharePoint. #ODSPEng
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.