Product Manager - CTJ
Location: Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Do you have a passion for high scale services and working with some of Microsoft’s most critical customers?
The Production and Enterprise Cloud Cross Organization PM team in Microsoft O365 is looking for a strong, motivated, independent, and energetic Program Manager to drive complex project requirements, cross-team communication, and execution accountability across both technology and business projects within the Office 365 government cloud service offerings.
Office 365 is at the center of Microsoft’s cloud first, devices first strategy as it brings together cloud versions of our most trusted communication and collaboration products like Exchange, SharePoint, and Teams with our cross-platform desktop suites and mobile apps. The Office 365 Enterprise Cloud team works with Microsoft’s largest enterprise and government customers to deliver features that meet their specific needs and enable cloud adoption. As you would expect, our customers have the highest expectations for feature quality, security, reliability, availability, and performance.
At Microsoft, we can offer you a strong team, exciting challenges, and a fun place to work. The work environment empowers you to have a positive impact on millions of end users.
- Drive the engineering solutions, implementation design, and definition of overall strategy required to scale service operations and ensure uptime of the government Office 365 clouds
- Execute operational programs and respective projects across multiple project managers, teams, and organizations
- Define and clearly communicate program strategy, drive multiple cross-team projects, and collaborate broadly to achieve program goals
- Disseminate a common project culture and mindset by informing, communicating, and training teams about techniques, methodologies and best practices
- Work independently to drive large, complex programs and solutions
- Manage relationships with external vendor(s) involved in the delivery of Office 365 services
- Partner closely with O365 Site Reliability Engineering, partner engineering teams, and other corporate teams to understand business needs, customer requirements, and build scaled solutions
- Engage directly with customers at multiple levels, supporting executive briefings and innovation partnerships
- Bachelors Degree or higher in Computer Science, other related technical, business discipline, or commensurate experience.
- 5+ years of experience with large scale services or distributed systems.
- 5+ years in a position requiring program management, consultancy, engineering, cloud or government experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical aptitude in service design, architecture, and software development
- Experience working with government, defense, or the intelligence community
- Strategic mindset and proven capability to execute
- Strong analytical skills, combined with a strategic orientation, as well as an aptitude for solving complex business problems
- Experience managing projects with multiple work streams and partners; demonstrated strategic planning abilities
- End-to-end ownership of commitments with the ability to break down ambiguous problems
Candidates selected for this position may need to comply with Federal Executive Order 14042 mandating that federal contractors and subcontractors receive the COVID-19 vaccine by being fully vaccinated before their date of hire, or work with Microsoft to receive an approved religious or medical accommodation.
Security Clearance Requirements: Candidates must be able to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Clearance with access to Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) based on a Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with Polygraph. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate U.S. Government clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.