Customer Success Modern Workplace Grow Specialist Manager
Location: Dallas, Texas, Fargo, North Dakota, Irving, Texas
Job Type: Full time
The Digital Cloud Acquisition team drives growth for Microsoft by helping customers realize the value of the Microsoft Cloud. Powered by a world-class connected sales and marketing platform, this team leverages marketing insights to reach customers when and where they want to engage digitally to help solve their business problems. We’re powered by the latest innovations in Microsoft Dynamics 365 to engage with customers, collaborate across our global teams, and acquire and retain new business for Microsoft.
As a Modern Work Grow Specialist Manager, you will manage a team of highly talented and skilled specialists, driving the day-to-day execution to exceed business performance targets and coaching team members. This team consists of highly capable representatives that drive incremental value through new Security and Teams focused solution selling.
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us to achieve our mission.
The reinvention of business processes represents a significant bet for Microsoft in accelerating our growth in commercial cloud services. The mission of a Modern Workplace Grow Specialist Manager you will be leading a high impact sales team that help our customers continue to digitally transform their businesses to drive innovation with new sources of revenue, create new and engaging ways to serve their customers, and to transform the way in which their business runs to drive new levels of profitability for their organization.
Developing & Maintaining a High-Performing Team:
- Build a team which is diverse & inclusive, developing seller proficiency in the core capabilities & skills required for their role, guiding career development & role modelling Microsoft Leadership Principles & Practices
- Lead team members through example
- Lead and coach team members through strong call coaching of their customer sales calls, demos, and experience sessions.
- Coach teams to excel at opportunity management and forecasting accuracy to successfully plan and prioritize weekly, monthly, and quarterly engagements
- Coach team members in modern sales and communications tools & techniques to effectively reach and sell to Microsoft customers, including coaching the team to engage in product demos, and removing technical blockers
- Manage employee performance from not meeting expectations to exceptional
Leading a Healthy, Predictable, and Scalable Sales Business
- Achieving or exceeding quota targets, ensuring deal sales hygiene, four quarter rolling pipeline coverage & deal excellence, continuously coaching sellers to improve sales excellence & behaviors
- Lead team to meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual team targets by generating sales pipeline, accelerating active opportunities, and driving to close
- Accurately forecast, assess risk, and identify exceptional performance plans in weekly deals and pipeline reviews with senior management
- Report on monthly, quarterly, and annual sales targets and deliver competitive business insights, trends and analysis to drive ongoing performance improvements
- Drive operational excellence of key center metrics including response rates, conversions, pipeline, velocity, and accuracy
Driving Customer Outcomes
- Constantly research and educate self with the newest developments in cloud capabilities and pricing for both Microsoft and competitors
- Obsess over Microsoft’s customers and prospects to deliver a world-class customer engagement experience
- Impactfully engage and remove roadblocks on customer calls with your sales team
- Manage the collaboration and teaming of different roles, both within Microsoft and with Microsoft Partners, to effectively progress opportunities and pipeline through the sales cycle
- Improve sales and technical competency via mentoring; support individual professional development and growth
- 7+ years sales and negotiation experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND 4+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) is required AND 2+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience.
Additional or Preferred Qualifications
- 8+ years sales and negotiation experience
- OR Bachelor's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) or related field AND 5+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work or internship experience
- OR Master's Degree in Business Management, Information Technology, Marketing (or equivalent) AND 3+ years sales and negotiation experience or related work.
- 2+ years people management experience.
- Ability to: implement sales strategy, effectively translating organizational business requirements into team directions & plans that deliver success
- Skilled in Sales strategy & planning & leading successful sales teams by creating clarity & generating energy, as well as change management, relationship building, collaboration & influencing through partnerships & networks
- Sales Excellence Driver
- Ability to: drive sales discipline & accountability
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.