Group Engineering Manager
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
Does protecting over 1 billion customers worldwide sound exciting? Do you have what it takes to be part of one of the most important security response teams in the world? Are you passionate about solving the threat detection and security response challenges of Cloud Computing? If you said yes to those questions, then this may be the opportunity for you!
There are few places in Microsoft that have as direct an impact on as many customers as the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) team. As a Group Engineering Manager, you will provide strong team and engineering leadership, raise the technical bar, maintain a data and results driven culture, nurture a team culture of high collaboration and trust. Other Engineering Managers will report directly to you. We are a fun and growing team whose focus is on protecting customers, communities, and Microsoft from threats to security and privacy. If you possess excellent critical thinking skills and thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and dynamic work environment where you will support a global team and you are passionate about your role – we’d love to speak with you!
- Cultivate a diverse and inclusive, collaborative, positive team culture where everyone has impact, feels engaged and motivated, and can grow on their own personal journey.
- Define, communicate, and drive technical strategy and implementation around engineering fundamentals (live-site, compliance, security, etc.), platform architecture, and roadmaps.
- Collaborate deeply with PM and stakeholders to define feature strategy, requirements, and measurable success criteria.
- 8+ years leading engineering teams to deliver high scale production services, building a positive engineering culture, and growing your people.
- 5+ years engineering experience owning high level system architecture design, engineering fundamentals (security, privacy, live-site support, performance, accessibility, etc.), and interactive user experiences at scale.
- Experience managing full stack, across backend, frontend, DevOps pipelines, and data science / ML / BI.
- Experience working through significant ambiguity to define and execute technical strategic plans.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Technical Azure infrastructure management
- Docker and Kubernetes
- TypeScript and React
- Azure networking and Azure Front Door
- AAD identity and access management
- SDL and DevSecOps
- Machine Learning, Data Warehousing, BI
- Experience building and running hyper-scale big data platforms or Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) systems.
- Experience with processes and tools used for enterprise security monitoring and response, e.g. Splunk, QRadar, Elastic (ELK) stack etc.
- Interest in learning the vulnerability disclosure, bug bounty ecosystem, and security detection technologies.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.