Category Manager - Office/Microsoft 365
Location: Redmond, Washington
Job Type: Full time
The North America Consumer Sales Organization is looking for a category manager to partner with sales and marketing on growing the Microsoft 365 consumer business at key retail accounts. This role will report into the M365 North America category lead and work closely with the NA category managers to ensure strategic alignment and integration. This person will work cross-functionally with sales, channel and partner marketing, finance, worldwide category and retail partners to translate global strategy into actionable plans that achieve North America revenue and M365 subscriber goals.
- Develop plans to drive Microsoft 365 acquisition, activation and renewals through retail partners.
- Drive results in a complex business, multi-stakeholder environment – working as the category lead for assigned accounts.
- Collaborate closely with sales and channel marketing colleagues to deliver unified GTM plans and seamless execution for the M365 business.
- Be the M365 subject matter expert on the product and customer – carrying those learnings and insights forward with our internal teams and external partners (as compliant).
- Measure and optimize program results and provide insights from business metrics along with proposed actions.
- Support the M365 forecasting process by representing accurate account impact for the managed retail business.
- Manage and monitor the business to drive data-based insights, clarity and proactive recommendations that culminate into business impact.
- 2+ years category management, product management, marketing strategy, business planning, product planning, or related work experience AND Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, Economics, Public Relations, Engineering, or related field
- OR equivalent experience.
Ideal candidates should have the following strengths or skills:
- Retail Category Management
- Subscriptions Business Experience
- Business Performance and Analytics
- Cross-Team Collaboration and Leadership
- Proven Track Record of Strong Internal & External Partnerships
- Project Management
- Data Analytics
A blend of strategic sales and analytical skills, coupled with a tenacity for flawless execution and delivery is required. Must be action and detail-oriented with broad knowledge of sales and marketing and how to leverage internal and external partners to achieve superior business results. The ability to generate high-impact ideas while managing multiple projects, along with strong commitment and passion for this work is essential. The candidate should also have extensive experience managing and motivating cross-functional teams, exceptional communication and presentation skills, proven track record in building highly effective interpersonal relationships, and ability to manage multiple projects on schedule and hitting projected results/KPIs.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.