Principal Security Engineering Manager
Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft 365 is one of the largest enterprise services in the world, and security and customer trust are key to the success of our business and its continued growth. As our service grows, we need to ensure that our security monitoring can keep pace with new service architectures and features that get launched and the unique security challenges they present.
To achieve this mission, the Microsoft Security Response Center (MSRC) and M365 Core Security team is looking for a Principal Engineering Manager to build and evolve our security monitoring, investigation, and response capabilities across the service. You'll have the opportunity to work across Microsoft with developers, incident responders, pen testers, and data scientists to evolve the way we protect ourselves against those that wish to do harm to our customers' data. Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and Microsoft Teams are just some of the massive services who rely on this team for monitoring and response.
- Manage and retain direct reports who deliver results that measurably improve the security of M365's services.
- Prioritize and ensure delivery of projects which meet our organization’s unique and evolving security needs.
- Collaborate with teams across Microsoft to evaluate technology, monitoring techniques, and response processes, and maintain a long-term roadmap for the security monitoring approach.
- Find and recruit talented developers to contribute to the security monitoring system.
- Plan and manage integration with other security monitoring solutions within the company.
- Create and represent plans to management for driving improvements to the security monitoring system.
- Any other reasonable activity directed by management.
- 6+ years Software Development Experience
- 2+ years technical leadership experience, people management experience preferred
- Experience collaborating across large organizations & bringing clarity to ambiguous problems
- Information security experience highly desirable
- Experience with Spark or other distributed computing platforms preferred
- Experience delivering machine-learning-based solutions preferred
- Cloud and services experience, with Azure cloud experience highly desirable
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.