Senior Program Manager
Location: Austin, Texas
Job Type: Full time
Microsoft’s Cloud business is experiencing explosive growth, and the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning (CSCP) organization is responsible for enabling the infrastructure underlying this growth. Our mission is to deliver the world’s computer with an industry-leading supply chain. CSCP is responsible for strategic sourcing, customer demand forecasting, capacity planning and management, supply chain planning and execution, capacity provisioning, and decommissioning and dispositioning of datacenter assets worldwide.
The Global Capacity team within CSCP is at the tip of the Capacity Fulfillment promise for the Microsoft cloud supporting the capacity needs of a diverse customer base distributed globally.
Strong empathy for the customer, deep engineering and problem-solving capabilities, and the ability to stay nimble and motivated through challenges brought up by the constantly growing and expanding customer base and demand are characteristics of our team.
We are looking for a passionate and knowledgeable Senior Program Manager to own and drive the delivery of a Partner Cloud Capacity & Supply Chain model that will enable a world class Capacity Experience in our Partner clouds. In this role you will play a leadership role in collaborating across the Capacity, Supply Chain & Provisioning broader organization to define the business model, define processes, define automation roadmaps, and then deliver this all to ensure a successful launch and ongoing operations of the cloud.
As a Senior PM and once the clouds are live, you will lead the Customer and Regional Management aspects for multiple Azure Resources across all operational and capacity management fronts. You will also partner with engineering, infrastructure, marketing, field, and customers to optimize and address/manage all scenarios in relation to resource consumption within Azure. You will be working with multiple players to outline and streamline processes for managing increasing demand, levers to recover and optimize available hardware, and processes for handling escalations and driving short/long-term lasting mitigations.
- Work across the enterprise to define new business models and then collaborate to land the processes and systems to enable those new business models
- Provide direction to production plans on volumes and timing of production requirements, considering customer demand, planned capacity, and bulk availability among other factors
- Partner with multiple teams to co-ordinate hardware recovery, buildout deliverables, customer communications, and risk assessments across multiple channels
- Maintain an agreed upon level of service while minimizing cost
- Provide inventory forecasts to leadership based on supply and constraints which could cause gaps in availability to support strategic management decisions and prioritization efforts
- Develop tools to provide the organization with better visibility to product availability
- Drive continuous improvement of our capacity management processes and tools including rolling up your sleeves to write scripts and create POC of innovative technical solutions
- Manage SKU availability and plan efforts to optimize platform efficiency and availability
- Actively partner with Planning, Logistics, Compute, Storage, SQL, and Operations by building strong collaborative relationships
- Support customers in a technical advisory role, helping them optimize their capacity usage
- Train and teach other team members so the group can grow
- Learn the processes and duties of other Capacity Management areas to provide backup and coaching as needed
- 8+ years industry experience in enterprise process engineering in complex cross functional matrixed environments, engineering program management, and Infrastructure deployment operations
- Exceptional cross-team skills
- Demonstrated technical problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent analytical, verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills, and attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced dynamic environment with rapidly changing requirements
- Understanding of process engineering and optimization including gathering, analyzing, and defining business and functional requirements; creating global metrics, trend charts and other decision-making tools
- Strong written/oral communication skills required along with desire to communicate with partners and business leaders
- Multi-faceted experience applying Supply Chain principles: Forecasting, Planning, Inventory mgmt., etc.
- Proven record of partnering with software engineering teams to drive large scale automation and digitization efforts that cover all the phases of requirements, design, and delivery of enterprise solution/platform capabilities
- Well versed in project management methodologies, approaches and tools
- BS or MS in Engineering or Computer Science
- MBA or a degree in Supply Chain in addition to the bachelor’s degree would be a big plus
- Experience in leading teams in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Data analysis/presentation/technical execution- SQL, Kusto, and Power BI or equivalent experience
- Ability to write scripts to enable innovative solutions ideally through Geneva
CLOUD SCREENING REQUIREMENT
The ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are needed for this role. These requirements include but are not limited to the following specialized security screening: Microsoft Cloud Background Check - requirement to pass the Microsoft Cloud Background Check is needed upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.