Product Rater Trainee
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Assists in data entry, testing, and implementing custom rating factors and follows formal rating procedures.
- Rates specific policy coverages by inputting policy data; calculating premiums; utilizing relevant information in accordance with ISO and company guidelines and standards.
- Tests software to ensure proper operation and freedom from defects.
- Assists in the documentation of problems and coordinates resolutions.
- Performs all rating support tasks within production, quality, and time standards.
- Participates in/performs activities related to product support and development for Commercial Auto
- Learns to support the review, implementation, and communication of assigned filings and ensure compliance with statutory requirements.
- Learns to support rate revisions, underwriting guidelines, manuals, and procedures.
- Learns to monitor pertinent insurance publications and determine impact on Commercial Auto line of business by identifying emerging coverage issues, state regulatory concerns, and business unit needs.
- Learns to research, document, communicate, and resolve compliance related issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School diploma or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Business, Liberal Arts or a related discipline.
Experience: Typically part of a formal training program. 0 to 6 months of related underwriting, claims or product experience. Up to 1 year of rating or related experience preferred.
Scope of Job: Performs work under close supervision and technical direction. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Develops working knowledge of business systems and processes used to perform the functions of the job. Works on assignments of low complexity.
Achieves typical standards for quality, timeliness, and production.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.