Actuarial Analyst (Hybrid)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
- Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Coordinates, prepares and performs actuarial analyses to assist in the development of complex actuarial formulations leading to the recommendation of pricing strategies, reserving, and/or risk position.
- Provides consultation and clarification on actuarial models and risk issues.
- Develops rate indications, evaluates pricing levels, analyzes profitability, and communicates results to business unit management.
- Develops predictive models using advanced statistical and machine learning techniques and communicates modeling results to business unit management.
- Maintains documentation of actuarial or predictive analysis.
- Provides guidance and assistance to lower level positions.
- May lead the work of others (mentors, prioritizes, delegates, and reviews assignments).
- May have responsibility for performance and coaching of staff and may have a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management for direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Field of Study: Actuarial Science, Mathematics, Statistics or a related discipline.
Experience: Generally, 3 to 5 years of related experience and has passed 2/3 or more of the requirements toward Associateship in the Casualty Actuarial Society (ACAS). May have completed Associateship. Requires background in modeling, programming or quantitative analysis.
Additional Job Description
Scope of Job: Performs work under moderate supervision. Demonstrates technical knowledge with a variety of concepts within the discipline, familiar with many actuarial methods being used in the role. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Able to develop rates, pricing strategies and/or reserve programs and predictive models. Maintains eligibility in the Actuarial Student Program and is working toward attainment of Fellowship. Performs work under general supervision.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.