Staff Accountant (Hybrid)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Ohio, Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Compiles, consolidates, and analyzes accounting and finance information for the production of statements, schedules, filings, and reports. May assist in the preparation of more complex reports.
- Assists in the day-to-day maintenance of standardized accounting reports.
- Participates with the review and evaluation of existing procedures and operations in assigned area for management decision-making regarding improvements.
- Reconciles and adjusts, as necessary, journal entries and accounting classifications assigned to various records.
- Coordinates accounting matters and reporting with other departments, locations, divisions, and external customers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
Field of Study: Accounting
Experience: Generally, 6 months to 2 years of related experience.
Insurance accounting experience or public accounting audit experience preferred, but not required.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits.