Associate Product Analyst - Commercial Auto
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Contributes to and/or accountable for product premium volume growth and profitability results within assigned product lines.
- Provides product support for business units, agents, and other staff.
- Assist with interactions with relevant departments such as Claims, Underwriting, Sales/Marketing, and provides customer service support (i.e. agents, regulators and industry groups).
- May participate in business unit, compliance, claims, agency, program reviews, and audits (i.e. compliance audits, rate/pricing reviews, and agency reviews.)
- Supports action plans and strategic direction for functional areas and maintains alignment with other product managers to ensure successful development of entire product line.
- Supports the review, approval, implementation, and communication of assigned filings and ensures compliance with statutory requirements.
- Participates in developing product and rate revisions, underwriting guidelines, manuals, and procedures.
- Gathers and analyzes data from various sources specific to product.
- Assists in monitoring product performance.
- Assists in providing summary analysis and communicating to business units.
- May assist in administering training and communication materials and providing training as necessary on product/rate changes for staff, field, and agency personnel.
- Assists with the development of new and revised insurance products, policies, and other required forms to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and company guidelines.
- Monitors pertinent insurance publications to determine impact on line of business. This may include:
- Identifying emerging coverage issues, state regulatory concerns, and business unit needs.
- Developing action plans, implementing, and communicating changes when appropriate.
- Resolves and/or assists with researching, documenting, communicating routine to moderately complex compliance related issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Business, Liberal Arts or a related discipline.
Experience: 6 months to 3 years of related related Commercial Auto underwriting, claims or product experience . Beginning coursework toward certification in area of expertise preferred; appropriate certifications could include Associate in Underwriting (AU), Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU), Certified Insurance Counselor (CIC), Program in General Insurance (INS), Associate of Risk Management (ARM), Certified Licensing Professional (CLP) or other applicable designations.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.