National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
In 1989, National Interstate Insurance opened its doors with the idea that customer service and personal attention mattered. That clients were more than mere claim numbers, they were people. With real lives and real questions and real needs.
With this steadfast commitment to customer service and a hyper focus on serving the needs of the commercial transportation industry, National Interstate has grown into one of the leading specialty property and casualty insurance companies in the United States.
Now, as a member of the Great American Insurance Group, we are part of a financially strong insurance group with innovative insurance products, claims expertise in our niche markets, and industry-leading loss control programs all supported by the latest technology. Although a lot has changed over the last 30 years, our commitment to providing the highest level of personal service remains unmatched.
We offer an array of insurance products, including traditional insurance and alternative risk transfer or captive programs, tailored to specific sectors of the transportation industry. Our products are available through multiple distribution channels, primarily independent agents, and brokers.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for these core functions, along with other duties as assigned:
- Act as a key/Strategic leader in the Claims department, which is comprised of roughly 200 employees.
- Responsible for performance, development and coaching of staff that leads to a culture focused on results, while engaging and retaining talent.
- Develops and implements online solutions and dashboards to increase statistical analysis and tracking of KPI’s, bringing value to the business, and our customers.
- Utilizes metrics and data to drive claim performance and lower loss costs through implementation of predictive modeling and benchmarking.
- Ability to effectively partner with IT to implement technology solutions that enhance the lifecycle of a claim, as well as the adjuster experience.
- Partners with underwriting teams to provide insights regarding claims trends and developments.
- Offers support and counsel in connection with new business opportunities.
- Monitors and analyzes data to ensure consistency in quality of reserving, strategies, and outcomes.
- Ensures that claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations, and other legal requirements, and that all applicable company procedures and policies are followed.
- Provides advice on the resolution of claims files with ultimate authority over settlements / reserves within prescribed limits including oversight and strategy for large claims and overall litigation management.
- Ensure the Claims department is operating at optimal productivity and efficiency using best practices to ensure a quality claim product.
- Consistently deliver financial results-driven claim best practices.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- 10+ years of leadership experience with significant experience in management of casualty and property claims department, including experience with strategic planning and employee development.
- Expertise and experience working with commercial auto claims is required.
- Must be results oriented and customer service focused.
- Strong analytical and communication skills with the proven ability of partnering with individuals at all levels.
- Ability to clearly articulate vision and objectives.
- Insurance industry awareness and involvement.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.