Claims Specialist Bodily Injury (Remote)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Job Type: Full time
Headquartered in Richfield, Ohio, Vanliner Insurance Company is a member of Great American Insurance Group. For over 30 years, Vanliner has grown to become the country’s top insurance provider for the moving and storage, parcel and home delivery industries. Our mission since day one, has been to provide first-class insurance products and unparalleled customer service to all of our customers. Our success is driven by the expertise, innovation and commitment to customer service that our employees provide. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Investigates and maintains claims:
- Reviews and evaluates coverage and/or liability.
- Secures and analyzes necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements, records, or other documents) in the investigation of claims.
- Works toward the resolution of claims files, and attends arbitrations, mediations, depositions or trials as necessary.
- May affect settlements/reserves within prescribed limits and submit recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Conveys complex information (coverage, decisions, outcomes, etc.) to all appropriate parties, maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Ensures that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statutes, regulations and other legal requirements, and that all applicable company procedures and policies are followed.
- Provides technical advice to lower level positions and other functional areas.
- May have responsibility for performance and coaching of staff and may have a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management for direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Must have Previous Commercial BI Litigation experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: 6 to 10 years of related experience.
Company:VNLR Vanliner Insurance Company
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.