Workers Comp Med Only Adjuster (Hybrid)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Participates in and performs investigating and maintaining claims:
- Learns to review and evaluate coverage and/or liability.
- Learns to secure and analyze necessary information (i.e., reports, policies, appraisals, releases, statements, records, or other documents) to assist in the investigation of claims.
- May participate in affecting settlements/reserves within prescribed limits; submits recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Learns to ensure that claims payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Learns to ensure claims handling is conducted in compliance with applicable statues, regulations and other legal requirements, and that all applicable company procedures and policies are followed.
- Learns to convey information (coverage, decision, outcomes, etc.) to all appropriate parties, maintaining a professional demeanor in all situations.
- Successfully completes all coursework/education as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: Part of a formal training program. 0 to 6 months of experience.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits.