Compliance Analyst (Hybrid)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
dataEssential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Participates in the administration of Compliance programs and in ensuring compliance the laws, regulations, and rules of federal, state, and self-regulatory organizations.
- Participates in preparing and filing regulatory and compliance documents and/or reports.
- Participates in handling interactions pertaining to approvals.
- Participates in analyzing and responding to objections and inquiries from authorities.
- Participates in creating forms and reports to comply with new or existing regulatory requirements. Prepares memorandums regarding the use of forms.
- Responsible for reporting any non-compliance or suspected fraudulent acts.
- Participates in administering and enforcing company compliance guidelines.
- Participates with complaint responses.
- Participates in receiving, analyzing, interpreting, and responding to regulatory matters and/or inquiries from the various state departments of insurance, federal agencies, self-regulatory organizations, industry associations, and/or internal and external customers. Refers more complex matters to appropriate staff, as needed.
- Participates in coordinating, administering, reporting on and developing audit/review processes.
- Participates in maintaining and retrieving material from departmental databases and files.
- May participate in performing research.
- May provide back-up coverage for other compliance areas.
- Maintains working relationships within state insurance departments and/or other regulatory authorities. Acts as a liaison between the organization, specific departments/business units, third party vendors, and regulatory authorities.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the organization, regulatory agencies, and current trends in ensuring compliance.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Associate Degree or equivalent.
Field of Study: Business, Liberal Arts, or related discipline.
Experience: 2 to 4 years of insurance/securities related experience. May have made progress toward an Associate Insurance Regulatory Compliance (AIRC) designation.
Preferred: knowledge in relational database tools (i.e. SQL, Cognos, etc)
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.