Claims Service Representative (Hybrid//Remote)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Serves as liaison for service, maintenance, and set-up issues related to primarily large market assigned accounts.
- Works with Claims, Marketing, Underwriting, and Loss Control staff on account issues.
- Serves as point of contact for service concerns or general questions.
- Participates in new prospect marketing presentations and broker capabilities presentations.
- Uses past relationships with accounts to assist Marketing and Underwriting in rewriting the account.
- Within authority and company guidelines, negotiates and communicates special handling instructions, ensuring compliance.
- Frequently acts as a liaison with other departments and facilitates interdepartmental communication to address client questions concerning billing, legal questions, financial impact, etc.
- Maintains and develops business knowledge and customer relationships.
- May provide guidance and assistance to lower level positions and other functional areas.
- May have responsibility for performance and coaching of staff and may have a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management for direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: 3 to 6 years of related experience, including specialized claims technical knowledge. Demonstrated effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.