Senior Direct Repair Rep (Hybrid or Remote)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Reviews and confirms coverage.
- Coordinates the Claims Physical Damage Direct Repair program including vendor/shop selection and management, re-inspection, claims review and file audit, staff/contract appraisers and shop performance, and acts as a liaison between shops and Claims management.
- Provides top-level desk review.
- Coordinates activities with related vendors and/or contractors for rental cars, glass, salvage, building supplies, etc.
- Corresponds with policyholders, claimants, witnesses, attorneys, etc. to gather important information to support claims.
- Affects settlements/reserves within prescribed limits and submits recommendations to supervisor on cases exceeding personal authority.
- Ensures that claims reserves and payments are issued in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures compliance of claims handling.
- May provide technical advice to lower level positions and other functional areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
must have experience with Estimating Software - AdjustRite or Xactimate
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Business, Liberal Arts or a related discipline.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of related experience.
This job is non-exempt in California
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.