National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities:
- Oversees and participates in the planning, development, and implementation of programming activities, application systems, and requirements standards for assigned areas, through best practices and the appropriate staffing and management of the technical team:
- Ensures completion of feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, and the establishment and implementation of new or revised applications systems and programs.
- Responsible for planning and coordinating the processes required for the provision of user applications and systems necessary for business operations.
- Develops short and long-term applications systems plans that are consistent with the needs and priorities of the business.
- Responsible for performance and coaching of staff and has a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management. Provides training to new members of the team.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to team members.
- Effectively mentor, train, coach, and motivate staff so that they can be productive and have a high level of job satisfaction.
- Work collaboratively with other IT teams to ensure the successful delivery of projects and initiatives.
- Provide oversight in standards adherence through reviews of project work including detailed technical specifications and application code.
- Accountable for availability and performance of applications portfolio, including ownership of incidents and problems.
- Work closely with business stakeholders to ensure that applications meet their needs.
- Experience with methods and techniques in troubleshooting and problem resolution of information systems.
- Experience leading teams that include local, remote and offshore resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Computer Science, Information Technology or a related discipline.
Experience: Generally, 5 to 8 years of related experience, including 1 to 3 years of leadership experience. Preferred skills include:
- Advanced communication and negotiation skills.
- Application development and support background.
- Analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Experience leading through organizational change.
- Excellent technical leadership skills.
- Experience with ticketing systems.
- Project coordination experience.
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement and paid time off benefits.