Marketing Representative (Hybrid)
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
Headquartered in Richfield, Ohio, Vanliner Insurance Company is a member of Great American Insurance Group. For over 30 years, Vanliner has grown to become the country’s top insurance provider for the moving and storage, parcel and home delivery industries. Our mission since day one, has been to provide first-class insurance products and unparalleled customer service to all of our customers. Our success is driven by the expertise, innovation and commitment to customer service that our employees provide. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Initiates contact with current and prospective new business partners.
- Markets the company's products/services through interaction (correspondence, phone, in person, digital media, etc.) with agencies, brokers, and clients.
- Tracks statistics on prospect lists, hit ratios, business retention and new business production.
- Develops and employs innovative, creative and resourceful methods for achieving new business development.
- Works collaboratively with management to develop, monitor, and adapt a business/marketing plan for area of responsibility and to support division goals.
- Participates in the development of agency or client business goals.
- May support underwriting in fact gathering, underwriting, and pricing of renewals.
- May prepare reports to analyze and develop existing business profile/mix and the quality and quantity of new business.
- May promote additional coverage/programs to existing accounts.
- Responsible for achieving premium development and retention/persistency goals.
- Builds strategic relationships with business partners (clients, agents, brokers, producers) to achieve targeted profit goals of the division.
- Regularly corresponds and visits with clients, agencies, and brokers. Monitors the delivery of excellent customer service and follows-up on any customer concerns that need to be addressed.
- May assist with coordinating/transferring books of business and ongoing contract management.
- Identifies issues/potential issues and triages to appropriate staff to resolve.
- Provides continuing education and support to assigned agents regarding company products, programs, product line news/issues, eligibility guidelines, risk, and pricing philosophy.
- May author/distribute promotional correspondence (newsletters, pamphlets, et.) and/or marketing collateral to existing and potential agents and/or customers.
- Plans and hosts both internal and external events to achieve area/regional marketing initiatives.
- Maintains familiarity with competitors and market conditions. May be required to gather, analyze, and maintain competitive information. May utilize a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) database to improve services or target marketing efforts.
- Collaborates with Underwriting, Product Development, Product Management, Corporate Legal, and Corporate Communications to develop marketing initiatives, new products and the supporting marketing materials. May collaborate with other business units on cross-marketing efforts.
- Attends industry and association events.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Liberal Arts, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: Generally, 6 months to 3 years of related experience. May require insurance licensure or FINRA Series 6 depending on product line.
Company:VNLR Vanliner Insurance Company
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits for full-time and part-time benefit eligible employees.