Senior Loss Control Specialist - Remote AZ CO CA UT
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Denver, Colorado
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Conducts loss prevention surveys/physical inspections of commercial accounts:
- Provides underwriters with an accurate description of the physical and operational details of an insured.
- Identifies hazards and potential loss exposures and makes recommendations to eliminate or reduce the potential loss.
- Consults with underwriters and other staff regarding account/line-of-business acceptability, exposures, and controls pertinent to the various lines of business.
- Assists underwriters and other staff relative to account operations, exposures, construction, and protection.
- Conducts accident investigation and loss analysis to identify causes.
- Employs effective sales and communication skills to achieve compliance with recommendations and provides safety and/or supervisory training to insureds.
- Conducts joint marketing presentations, in conjunction with Underwriting, Claims, and Marketing, to accounts and agents.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of company/department manuals and procedures, and relevant Federal, State, and other pertinent codes and regulations applicable to Property, Liability, and Casualty lines of coverage.
- Provides guidance and assistance to lower level positions. May assist in training new employees.
- May have responsibility for performance and coaching of staff and may have a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management for direct reports.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
West Coast Markets
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Safety, Engineering, Mathematics or a related discipline.
Experience: Generally, 3 to 6 years of related experience. Working toward completing certification or has completed certification in area of chosen expertise; appropriate certifications could include Certified Safety Professional (CSP), Certified Fire Protection Specialist (CFPS), Associate Risk Management (ARM), Certified Safety and Health Management (CSHMS), Associate Loss Control Management (ALCM) or Occupational Health and Safety Technician (OHST).
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits for full-time and part-time benefit eligible employees.