Senior Business Systems Analyst - Guidewire Claim Center
National Interstate Insurance Company
Location: Richfield, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
National Interstate is a member of Great American Insurance Group. As one of the leading commercial transportation insurers in the nation, we offer risk financing solutions in all 50 states tailored to meet the needs of a wide variety of transportation classes. Our offerings include traditional insurance and innovative alternative risk transfer (ART) programs, including more than a dozen group captive programs catering to niche wheels markets. We are proud to be a multiple Northcoast 99 winner and Cleveland Plain Dealer Top Workplace in Northeast Ohio. It is because of our talented and dedicated team that we are able to live out our company values of integrity, transparency, fairness, accountability, empowerment and collaboration with each transaction we make. If you are ready to join an engaging and driven team such as ours, we would love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions and Responsibilities
- Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives through research and fact-finding combined with an understanding of applicable business solutions and business requirements:
- Analyzes, identifies, and writes detailed description of user requirements, program functions, and steps required to develop or modify computer programs.
- Makes recommendations for business process improvements with a thorough understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the technology needs.
- Prepares analysis for production support of systems and applications and associated documentation.
- Acts as a liaison between business and IT. Develops and maintains knowledge of customer's business.
- Creates and tests ad hoc reports.
- Leads project teams.
- Typically involved with the testing effort.
- Assists with the design and implementation of operational and system enhancements to ensure production capabilities are both effective and efficient.
- Exhibits expert business knowledge and leverages strong customer relationships.
- Leads (mentors, prioritizes, delegates and reviews work) the work of others.
- May have responsibility for performance and coaching of staff and may have a participatory role in decisions regarding talent selection, development, and performance management for direct reports.
- Has a comprehensive understanding of business user requirements for data, reports and analyses, training, data quality, and performance. Mastered use of standard reporting tools and databases:
- Strong knowledge of business information data sources and business data rules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prefer Experience with Guidewire Claim Center systems
Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
Field of Study: Information Technology, Business or a related discipline.
Experience: Generally, 6 to 8 years of related experience that includes experience in designing, coding, testing, debugging, documenting and/or maintaining applications required or configuring and using application software in a business setting.
This job is non-exempt in California and Washington
Company:NIC National Interstate Corporation
We offer competitive healthcare, retirement, and paid time off benefits for full-time and part-time benefit eligible employees.