Manager, Critical Response Team
Location: Plainview, New York
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a 4x Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2020 and we're looking for a Critical Response Team Manager. The Critical Response Team was created in order to proactively resolve the internal billing and payment issues and to pre-empt client impact and company errors or omissions. The coordinator will serve as the liaison between the local regions and the Accounting Center and resolve day to day issues.
This position has two direct reports; as a team, the AP/AR Manager, along with coordinators, will be responsible for research and coordination in various functions including; premium payables, accounts receivable, direct bill, financing, and billing, among others.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for the Critical Response Team which is the group that will work with the Accounting Center to solve any processing issues; aging AR & AP, corrections required, document and statement matching and other problem solving. You will coordinate your team’s processes and responses to remediate issues as effectively and efficiently as possible.
Tasks that are included in this type of work include:
- Review Epic accounting reports to identify where research and remediation may be needed.
- Carrier Payables – review aging and research payment history, reconcile statements to payments in Epic
- Agency Bill Accounts Receivable – review aging and research payment history, look for cash on account, or financed amounts received for application needed
- Direct Bill – review deposits not associated to direct bill reconciliations, and reconciliations with no deposits
- Review all Cash on Account regularly for application remediation
- Review Financed transactions for application remediation
- Research and coordinate remediation between necessary parties to resolve issues identified above; includes accounting center, local operational parties, and regional accounting teams
- Monitor, evaluate and recommend any improvements to internal control procedures
- Special Projects as assigned by management
This position may expand to include additional regions and may include additional responsibilities or projects as well as those described above.
Projects examples would include:
- Consolidate agent carrier codes for payment (Agency Bill – P&C) – would like one carrier statement per region (to follow regional bank accounts)
- Consolidate agent carrier codes for commission revenue (Direct Bill – P&C and Benefits)
- Using Last Pass application – create 1 universal AOC password for each carrier site
- Redirect incoming carrier payments to the new (some regions have existing) Regional DB Lockbox – P&C and Benefits
- Redirect incoming payments currently comingled (P&C and Benefits) Bank accounts to correct location
- Work on verifying carrier/broker data in EPIC to ensure current, remove duplications and invalid data
- Work with carriers to obtain electronic payment information – Agency Bill, Direct Bill P&C and Benefits (i.e. companies that currently only take check – work with them to have them accept electronic payments)
- Work with carriers to have statements/invoices sent electronically to appropriate AOC mailbox vs. paper – Agency Bill, Direct Bill P&C and Benefits (some carriers/brokers may not even have option)
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident and able to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people both internal and external
- Ability to use discretion as it relates to confidential company, client, and employee information
- Willingness to adjust to changing needs
- Knowledge of Excel, including Pivot tables, and Microsoft Office 365 programs required
- Knowledge of Applied EPIC would be advantageous, but not required
- Possess good analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent industry related experience
- Familiarly with Lawson, Salesforce or Callidus / ICM a plus experience
- 5+ years working with payables or commission processing function
- 3 to 5 years’ experience managing and developing personnel
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a 4x Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2020. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.