Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
NFP HR Solutions is a consulting division of NFP, a 4x Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2020. We collaborate with all NFP business lines to provide our clients with HR related solutions through project based consulting. NFP is looking for qualified independent HR Consultants to work with us on a number of HR projects for our clients.
The ideal HR Consultant will possess in-depth knowledge of HR disciplines such as Policy Development, HR Operations, Organizational Development, HR Compliance, Talent Acquisition, HRIS, Benefits, Payroll, HRIS Implementations, Project Management and Employee Relations. They will have broad hands-on experience in dealing with actual HR issues. They will be strategic thinkers and problem-solvers with excellent tactical and communication skills. NFP is looking for Consultants nationally.
- Work with the NFP HR Solutions team to support client projects that may include any of the following:
- Advise companies on best human capital management practices.
- Analyze a company’s current HR programs and recommending solutions.
- Develop, revise, and implement HR policies, procedures and handbooks.
- Formulate communication plans around policy changes.
- Ensure HR/benefit programs, policies and offerings are aligned to create efficiency and compliance.
- Prepare and maintain reports related to specific HR projects, using Power Point, Word and Excel.
- Create and present training workshops related to specific HR programs in Power Point.
- Conduct research through various methods and present findings and best practice recommendations.
- Audit HR systems and processes and make recommendations to address gaps/issues.
- Project Manage PEO extraction; manage teams for all facets of extraction - payroll vendor, benefit brokers, client and HR. Create effective stand-alone HR processes, policies and practices into their daily operations.
- Source for client’s leading HR and Benefit roles and temporarily act as on-site (or remote) HR Leader for clients in transition.
- Provide consultation and guidance to clients and organizational partners in the interpretation of human resource management policies, procedures, programs and application of related government laws and regulations.
- Provide expert guidance for formulating leave policies/strategies by understanding the interaction between employee benefit plans, federal and state leave laws and a client’s leave program.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Proven experience as an HR consultant (1099).
- The ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and see all projects through to fruition.
- Possesses the ability to collaborate on projects with multiple stakeholders while spearheading the project.
- In-depth knowledge of HR principles, functions, methods, trends and best practices.
- Superior attention to detail and formatting skills required for client reports and overall work product.
- Hands-on ability to create “client ready” reports, presentations and other HR documents in Power Point, Word and Excel.
- Up to date on current employment laws and state regulations.
- Experience in project management a plus with a solid understanding of research methods and analysis.
- Excellent communication and professional consulting skills.
- BS/BA in human resources, business administration or relevant field; SHRM certification a plus.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a 4x Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2020. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.