Producer (Advisor), Commercial Property & Casualty Insurance - Middle/Large Market
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and increasing sales for assigned book of business and/or territory/industry sector by compiling lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from newspapers, business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet websites, and other sources
- Services assigned accounts on an ongoing basis; May jointly service the client together with an Account Manager and/or an Account Executive.
- Confers with management on setting and achieving integrated selling targets. May get assistance or work on the clients of a Senior Advisor / Client Executive.
- Reports actual results to team and utilizes tools such as Salesforce and Epic.
- Reviews sales results for assigned clients, strategizing changes and troubleshooting problems.
- Develops and maintains relationships with key prospect and client stake holders.
- Acts as subject matter expert for company products and services with the assistance of a Senior Advisor/ Client Executive.
- Increasingly exercises independent judgment subject to general supervisor support.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- May provide informal leadership based on experience without official supervisory responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- High School graduate (or equivalent), BA/BS preferred with
- 3 years of directly related industry experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Insurance Broker's license required representing the coverages being sold. (e.g. P&C broker’s license or Life and Health broker's license.)
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.