Senior Sales Executive
Location: Independence, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Uses consultative approach to initiate, qualify and develop new business relationships; may have assigned list of prospects.
- Targets accounts of medium complexity and size and primarily operates within their primary client segment, region and/or business line.
- Expected to produce at 100% of base quota per year*
- Meets key metrics including revenue and number of prospects in pipeline, meetings per months and closed sales
- May work with other NFP firms or offices to develop and promote cross-market accounts, gain new accounts and/or identify opportunities in within a region.
- Stays abreast of current industry trends and how NFP's clients are being impacted to help solve specific market challenges.
- Develops sales proposals and presentations that are consistent with NFP standards; requires assistance from more senior sales team members on complex cases
- Receives coaching/mentoring from more senior sales leaders.
- Sell and service to prospective and existing clients by preparing specifications and marketing strategy for new business and renewals. Recommend new and additional coverages and obtain quotes for client.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers.
- Use independent judgment and discretion placing clients’ coverage with market carriers. Negotiate terms and pricing in the best interests of the client. Make appropriate recommendations to client with regard to all insurance matters.
- Meet assigned goals for sales and renewals.
- Confers with management on setting and achieving integrated selling targets.
- Set leadership example with use of technology such as Salesforce to report actual results.
- Acts as subject matter expert for company products and services.
- Frequently makes independent judgments without prior review.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- More than 3-5 years of directly related industry sales experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Insurance Broker's license required representing the coverages being sold. (e.g. P&C broker’s license or Life and Health broker's license.)
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
You’ve got this!