Location: Woodbury, New Jersey
Job Type: Full time
Summary: Excess Reinsurance, a market leader in the stop-loss insurance market, has an opening for an actuarial analyst in our Woodbury, NJ home office, located right outside of Philadelphia. We are a dynamic company with an innovative product portfolio that provides unique value to our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Compiles and categorizes data to make decisions
- Performs actuarial research and conducts experience studies
- Applies actuarial theory and methods
- Analyzes network discounts and develops factors to use in rating
- Analyzes network performance
- Develops pricing for various medical, dental, vision plans
- Provides Underwriting guidance for tailoring benefit plans
- Assists in review and update of manual rates and reviews trend
- Assists with development of pricing for new products
- Works with some supervision, but makes many decisions independently
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Skilled in use of PC spreadsheet applications
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Vigorous attention to detail, highly organized with the ability to balance multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, demanding environment
Education and/or Experience:
- 1 or more actuarial internships
- Completed 2 or more exams toward ASA
- B.S. in actuarial science or math related field
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.