Processor, Insurance P&C
Location: Cape Charles, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
With great employees comes great responsibility. At NFP, your sharp eye for detail, marketplace knowledge, and problem-preventing insights will earn you the trust of clients as you serve as lead consultant. You keep track of the latest industry trends, events and updates, and this drives your desire to take ownership of your projects. You’ll join NFP as we lead the way in providing cutting-edge benefits solutions for companies of all sizes and affluent individuals. Our benefits, insurance, property and casualty, and wealth management businesses provide outstanding advisory and brokerage services that are fine-tuned to our clients’ present and future needs.
The Processor provides support to our Personal Lines Department using clerical skills to assist Account Managers and Executives to service clients with expertise in the field of Property and Casualty and a quality of service that maintains a long-term relationship both internally and externally. Assist the Commercial Lines Department in their efforts to maintain and develop existing and new customers through appropriate propositions, ethical sales methods, and relevant internal liaison, to optimize quality of service, business growth, and customer satisfaction.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to execute each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Process Certificates of Insurance procedure. Document and process all insurance change requests as directed by AM/AE
- Process requests from AM/AE/Directly From Client. Contact Underwriters as requested
- Contact carriers for endorsement information and forward to AM/AE for approval
- If AM/AE request, contact the client regarding any fees or other required information
- Process Loss Runs
- MVR: Receive request from AM/AE; AE is to confirm that signed documents from the insured have been received in order to run MVR’s. process, document and handle renewal requests for marketing
- Process endorsements and mail to clients. Handle cancellations and reinstatements, etc documenting in EPIC where required
- Policy Processing: handle all processing including: send policy with any auto ID cards, renewal certificates and a certificate request form
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Possess good analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- High School graduate or general education degree (GED), college preferred
- 1-3 years of corporate administrative/coordinator experience preferred
- Previous P&C insurance office experience desired but not required
PHYSICAL DEMAND: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to sit at a desk or computer for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 10 pounds
WORKING CONDITIONS: Climate controlled open office environment.
We’re NFP, a three-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017 – 2019, as well as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We’re a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant providing Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, Retirement, and Individual solutions and have over 5,400 employees in 300 offices across Canada, the U.K. and the U.S. We’ll take care of you. With excellent benefits, compensation packages and management support, you will maximize your future potential and move your career forward with us.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.