Customer Support Specialist - Benefits Administration
Location: Northampton, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Customer Support Specialist – Flexible Spending Department
Want to work for a company that knows it’s the employees that make us who we are? That is American Benefits Group. Our team is well paid, highly respected and the driving force behind our success.
American Benefits Group (ABG) is one of the nation’s leading employee benefit solution providers for Consumer Directed Health accounts, COBRA and Direct Billing services. Over the course of the past 25 years we have grown considerably and we are looking to grow our team even further. We are transforming the benefits administration industry with empowering technology and a world class customer service experience. Come join us and be a part of a team of outstanding individuals working towards building benefit solutions and creating great futures.
Every employee at ABG maintains a laser focus to exceed client expectations every day. We’re proud to be on the leading edge of our industry today, and as we move into the future of Consumer Directed Health Care. Our core mission is to deliver our empowering technology solutions and exceptional service while building strong long term relationships with our clients, brokers, consultants and participants. Welcome to American Benefits Group.
Who are we looking for?
This position is perfect for you if you enjoy helping others. We’re looking for someone who loves solving problems and creating long term customer relationships. This is a great opportunity if you care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
Position Summary/Objective – Customer Support Specialist
The Customer Support Specialist supports and serves participants, clients, and brokers with their pre-tax benefit needs. This person will help to administer flexible spending accounts (FSA’s), health reimbursement arrangements (HRA’s), health savings accounts (HSA’s) and commuter benefits.
- Field incoming emails and phone calls with courteousness, professionalism, and accuracy.
- Provide first-tier technical support (password resets, website help etc.) as well as assist participants with account management questions.
- Provide excellent customer service with an ability to be knowledgeable, patient, compassionate and resourceful.
- Evaluate, troubleshoot, and follow-up on participant and client issues while documenting all interactions and expediting issues to appropriate team members when necessary.
- Process daily transactions and changes promptly and accurately.
- Work with the new customer on-boarding team to balance the work flow
- Answer and return all inquiries in a timely manner.
- Understand and apply all confidentiality guidelines.
- Continually gain knowledge of relative compliance topics and better understanding of our products, services, systems and processes; their features and functionality.
- Generate customer satisfaction and build long term relationships.
- Ethical Conduct
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Customer service experience
- Professional communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to make decisions utilizing sound judgment
- Must be able to cope in fast-paced, demanding environment managing sensitive, confidential issues
- Must value and promote team spirit, have outstanding interpersonal skill set; exhibit professionalism within the workplace; maintain punctuality and adherence to set schedule; have solid research and follow-up skills
This position has no supervisory responsibilities
Qualifications and Experience
- Associates Degree or equivalent experience required
- 1-3 years of experience using in the HCM field or using a SaaS web-based application
- 1-3 years in an Account Management-type role preferred
- Track record as an enthusiastic team player with proven ability to prioritize, multi-task
- A passion to make customers and coworkers feel important and valued
- Proficient PC Skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook)
Preferred Skills – Not a requirement
- Bilingual, Spanish
- Knowledge of pre-tax benefit administration