Construction Account Specialist
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
This is a support role, requiring the specialist to assist the account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of construction and infrastructure clients. The coordinator will gather and input data into the agency management system, provide assistance with various tasks and processes relative to new and renewal accounts. Will participate in special projects as assigned by management or senior level staff (e.g. Account Managers or Account Executives) and trainings with the team that will assist in their learning and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintain client files in accordance with office procedures.
- Prepares ID cards, certificates of insurance, Accord applications, binders and cancellations under direction of more senior level staff.
- Learns to compile data for assembly underwriting submissions, client proposals and coverage checklists.
- Verifies that documentation (policies and endorsements,) and information requested are accurate.
- Learns to perform policy checks, audit checks, and the process for completing coverage checklists and coverage recommendation letters (under the direction of senior level staff)
- May be first line of answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from Accounting Dept. when necessary. When order comes in, verifies rates are correct, adjusts for any additional premium and expedites invoice at direction from more senior level staff.
- Verifies the accuracy and compliance of requested documentation (policies and endorsements).
- Processes premium and non-premium endorsements, follows up with carriers for outstanding policies, endorsements, corrections, etc.
- Organizes underwriting information and supports insurance submission preparation as well as preparation of other documents requested by the senior level staff.
- Follows document storage protocols outlined by senior level staff
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Team player, adaptive to mentoring and continual learning
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports.
- Possess good analytical and problem solving skills
- Attention to details
- May be required to work overtime as necessary
Education and/or Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent, College/University Degree preferred
- 0-2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel skills required. MS Teams skills preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C License to be obtained within 90 days of position commencement
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $45,000 – $65,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.