COBRA Support Specialist (hybrid/remote)
Location: Lincoln, Rhode Island
Job Type: Full time
The Division within NFP
American Benefits Group (ABG) is one of the nation’s leading employee benefit solution providers for Consumer Directed Health accounts, COBRA and Direct Billing services. Over the course of the past 25 years, we have grown considerably and we are looking to grow our team even further. We are transforming the benefits administration industry with empowering technology and a world-class customer service experience. Come join us and be a part of a team of outstanding individuals working towards building benefit solutions and creating great futures.
Every employee at ABG maintains a laser focus to exceed client expectations every day. Our people are what make us successful and we are looking for qualified candidates to join our team as a COBRA Support Specialists. The COBRA Support Specialist plays a key role as the first point of contact with ABG for many of our clients, brokers and participants.
Who are we looking for?
This position is perfect for you if you enjoy helping others. We’re looking for someone who loves solving problems and creating long-term customer relationships. This is a great opportunity if you care deeply, genuinely and passionately about customer support and about the role it plays in making a customer-centric team successful.
This is a full-time position, ideally working on-site and hybrid from our North Hampton, MA office. We also offer the flexibility for experienced candidates, with COBRA administration, to work remotely.
Position Summary/Objective – COBRA Support Specialist
The COBRA Specialist supports and services clients, brokers and COBRA participants by providing COBRA Administration in accordance with federal COBRA regulations
This position includes but is not limited to the following:
- Promptly answers incoming calls and e-mails to provide support to clients, brokers, and participants
- Accurately explains COBRA to clients, brokers and participants, including COBRA notices, timelines, payments, reporting and coverage
- Document interactions in the WEX Health COBRA Portal immediately after calls & emails
- Maintain strong working knowledge of COBRA and stay current with law and regulation changes
- Confidently handles complex issues and collaborates with other team members to come to the best resolution
- Tactfully addresses sensitive participant matters
- Documents urgent reinstatement requests according to department procedure and timely follows up on requests as stated until completed
- Consistently follows through and follows up on requests until resolved
- Take the initiative to use available resources to problem-solve and escalate when appropriate
- Assist clients, brokers and participants with navigating the WEX Health COBRA Portal as needed
- Assist clients and brokers with running reports in the WEX Health COBRA Portal
- Appropriately redirect calls and emails to other departments as needed
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Manager
- Ensure privacy by following all security and HIPAA guidelines
- Timely process requests from participants according to department procedures in the WEX Health COBRA Portal, including:
- COBRA elections
- Removing Dependents
- Dropping Coverage
- Life Events
- Updating direct billing accounts
- Timely process requests from clients and brokers according to department procedures in the WEX Health COBRA, including:
- Contact changes
- Adding/removing subsidies
- Reporting requests
- Make good use of available templates and resources to efficiently handle incoming requests
- Engage productively with other team members to encourage and maintain an up building environment
- Ability to work effectively with various individuals and multi-task as necessary
- Assumes other duties as assigned by the Manager
CORE VALUES & COMPETENCIES
- Display a positive attitude
- Flexible and adaptable
- Attention to detail
- Takes ownership & pride in assigned tasks
- Ability to make decisions utilizing sound judgment
- Must be able to cope in a fast-paced environment managing sensitive, confidential issues
Qualifications and Experience
- 6-12 months of direct COBRA Administration experience
- Experience with Direct Billing preferred
- Experience with WEX Health COBRA & Direct Billing Platform preferred
- Track record as an enthusiastic team player with proven ability to prioritize, multi-task
- A passion to make customers and coworkers feel important and valued
- Proficient PC Skills (Microsoft Office, Excel, Outlook)
Preferred Skills – Not a requirement
- Bilingual, Spanish
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities – ABG is your final career step!
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- Dynamic work environment, a culture that prioritizes people and life quality for our employees
- A fantastic range of comprehensive benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.