Director of Family Legacy Planning and Education
Location: New York, New York
Job Type: Full time
Wealthspire Advisors is a New York City-based, independent registered investment advisory firm with over $20B in AUM. We have more than 200 employees serving clients from nineteen offices in eight states. With a strong commitment to a fiduciary business model, the firm believes in connecting all parts of a clients’ financial life and delivering thoughtful, collaborative strategies that focus on what is most important to each client. Wealthspire Advisors acts as a wealth manager, investment advisor, consultant, and constant partner in helping clients achieve their aspirations.
Summary: Wealthspire has a long and successful history of serving ultra-net-worth multi-generational families. The Director of Family Legacy Planning and Education is a new role within the firm that is part of the buildout of a more dedicated focus on FOS. The role presents an opportunity for an exceptional candidate to shape Wealthspire’s approach to helping multi-generational families understand the challenges and opportunities of managing their legacies beyond the balance sheet. The Director will serve as a technical resource and will be the principal contributor to thought leadership with respect to partnering with client advisors to work with and educate clients and prospects on family legacy planning concepts and strategies. The Director will play an important role in the mentoring and development of Advisors who regularly meet with clients and provide critical planning support to the lead Advisor on client relationships.
- Works with the Family Office Services leadership team to define/refine and execute on the build out of Wealthspire’s offering to clients and prospects for legacy planning and education:
- Defines and constructs the framework for Wealthspire’s FOS Education client offering; this may include wealth education on financial literacy for family members; navigating and articulating family mission and values, governance, decision making and philanthropic goals across generations; and efforts focused on the development of the rising generations
- Helps define and shape the expected client experience by evaluating existing Planning and Education collateral, content, technology, and process, and identifies gaps and opportunities for enhancements
- Defines the roadmap for building out the missing components of the offering, and develops/manages the content and offering creation
- Works with Wealthspire leadership team to evaluate legacy planning skills of Advisors and other client facing staff to identify and support development opportunities
- May be asked to assist with the development of large, sophisticated, or complex client legacy opportunities, including presentations to clients and prospects as requested
- Works with advisors to develop the curriculum and materials for family retreats and assists the advisors, when appropriate, in leading sessions during the retreats.
- Serves as a technical resource to the firm and to clients in legacy planning and education concepts and strategies
- Drives strategy and execution of marketing plan to promote Wealthspire’s expertise in legacy planning
- Represents Wealthspire at various networking events and industry gatherings
- Works with marketing team to oversee the publishing of legacy planning-related content across the firm.
- Publishes content on legacy planning and education regularly for Wealthspire and for external sources to build the firm’s reputation and presence in this space.
- JD required
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Economics, Psychology, or related field, MBA, CPA is desireable
- CFP® (Certified Financial Planner) or other related designation is desirable
- Experience in an Advisory role at an RIA, single or multi-family office required
- At least three years of family legacy planning experience required
- Demonstrated expertise in the development and delivery of educational programs for high net worth/ultra-high net worth families
- Demonstrated experience in working with families on philanthropic planning
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to navigate multigenerational family dynamics
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence rather than authority
- Highly attentive to customer service and client care
What We Offer
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP and Wealthspire Advisors is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.