Accounting Coordinator, (Northampton, MA hybrid)
Location: Northampton, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
American Benefits Group (ABG) is one of the nation’s leading employee benefit solution providers for Consumer Directed Health accounts, COBRA and Direct Billing services. Over the course of the past 25 years we have grown considerably and we are looking to grow our team even further. We are transforming the benefits administration industry with empowering technology and a world class customer service experience. Come join us and be a part of a team of outstanding individuals working towards building benefit solutions and creating great futures.
Every employee at ABG maintains a laser focus to exceed client expectations every day. Our people are what make us successful and we are looking for a qualified candidate to join our team as an Accounting Coordinator.
ABG is an affiliate of NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017 through 2022 who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
Who are we looking for?
Do you display a positive attitude? Do you work well within a team? Are you able to be flexible and adaptable? Are you a problem solver? Do you take ownership? If you answered yes to all of these questions, then ABG may be the right fit for you.
The Accounting Coordinator needs to be a self-starter who is able to multitask effectively. Strong communication, organization and customer service skills are essential. Must be proficient with accounts payable (A/P oand/or accounts receivable (A/R), reconciliations, invoicing, preparing reports, general ledger/trial balance, and Excel. You will serve as primary back-up to the AVP, Operations.
We offer the flexibility of remote work within Northampton, MA. There is a need to occasionally work from the office (usually not more than a couple of days a month). Thus, you should be in a commutable range.
- Accounts Payable – approve coded invoices in AvidXChange assuring accuracy to all Vendor agreements, proper department classifications, and timely payments. Expense report reconciliations, vendor set-ups, research and resolve vendor invoice and payment issues. Other A/P duties as needed.
- Accounts Receivable – monthly and quarterly invoicing. Perform A/R audits to assure invoicing accuracy. Monitor and maintain A/R aging summary and collections.
- Bank Reconciliations – assist with trust account reconciliations. Provide clients with monthly trust account reconciliation reports. Follow up on un-cleared transactions, place stop payments and reissue as necessary. Escheat any un-cleared transactions as necessary.
- ACH Returns – process all failed ACH transactions as new information becomes available.
- Journal Entries/Month-End Closing – assist the AVP Operations with monthly journal entries and month-end closing as necessary.
- Associate's degree with an emphasis in Accounting preferred.
- 2-3 years of experience with accounting responsibilities through trial balance for a midsized business preferred.
- Experience within a Third Party Administrator company or agency preferred.
- Experience in pre-tax benefits invoicing is a plus.
- Thrives in a self-directed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and meet required deadlines.
- MS Office fluency with an emphasis on Excel: pivot tables and v-lookup fluency required.
- Experience with financial software (i.e. Quickbooks or similar) required.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities!
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- Dynamic work environment, a culture that prioritizes people and life quality for our employees
- A fantastic range of comprehensive benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.