Location: Reston, Virginia
Job Type: Full time
The HRIS Consultant is primarily focused on the delivery of client services. The HRIS Consultant will support HRIS project-based engagements along with monthly retained engagements. The HRIS Consultant will work closely with clients on the procurement, implementation, and testing of human resource technologies as well as the alignment of business objectives to these technologies. In addition, this role may support a combination of monthly retained engagements and project-based engagement servings as an additional resource reporting to a leader/and or serving as a department of one. This role uses discretion when making routine decisions and work execution.
- Builds trust-based relationships that give clients confidence in seeking guidance on most sensitive of situations.
- Manage implementations for specific/specialized HRIS product(s) by working with the client to implement solutions that directly impact the entire client organization
- Recommend HRIS product and service changes to further business development and optimize client satisfaction
- Use functional area knowledge and industry specific experience to anticipate obstacles and proactively search for solutions
- Determine optimal conversion methodology
- Monitor system testing during conversion ensuring accuracy
- Assess client's needs for additional training and services
- Mentor, coach, train and provides technical support to less experienced staff and business partners
- Overcome client and internal obstacles to timely project completion, and coordinate with other departments as necessary to obtain objectives
- To work collaboratively and consistently demonstrating consensus building
- Identifies and may deliver messages that may be difficult for the client to hear and would benefit them and their business; may seek guidance to determine best approach to delivering such message to the client.
- Participate in the preparation of and leading the delivery of formal client presentations.
- Initiates difficult conversations with peers and clients, gives timely and direct feedback to solve problems and improve working relationships.
- Informs engagement lead of complex Human Resources and HRIS related challenges and situations and when asking for assistance and comes with proposed solutions.
- Develops and executes project plan according to the defined scope of work.
- Sets client priorities with limited support and guidance from Practice Leader or more senior consultant also assigned to the engagement.
- Alerts engagement lead of potential scope creep and identifies possible solutions
- Participates in business development discussions with new and existing clients.
- Identifies potential opportunity for cross-selling with existing clients and may initiate a discussion about the solution with client.
- Contributes to the development of technical proposals in areas of specialty.
- Encouraged to contribute to thought leadership through attending targeted events and writing blog articles; may volunteer to participate in webinars, speaking events, etc.
- A Bachelor’s degree and/or professional certification is required
- A minimum of seven years HR Generalist experience and three years of HRIS experience is required
- Demonstrated experience developing project plans and managing multiple projects at once within a budget and timeline is required
- Demonstrates strong written and verbal communication clearly, concisely, and confidently with all levels of employees and management at Helios and clients and through concise documentation
- Broad and advanced generalist skills in most tactical and operational components of Human Resources with the ability to apply knowledge to complex situations, establish processes, and implement best practices
- Experience using Microsoft Office Products in particular Excel; experience using Visio is preferred
- Reliable transportation and the flexibility to work in a variety of locations within the Washington, DC metro area
Physical and Behavioral Requirements:
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position (standing and/or sefated) more than half the time.
- May need to move about a corporate office(s) less than half the time and be able to maneuver (lift, move, carry, slide, etc.) up to 15 lbs.
- Ability to operate machinery and/or equipment that requires the constant use of hands/fingers/wrists (ex: typing, etc.) more than half the time.
- Ability to spend more than half the time viewing computer monitors.
- Behavioral requirements include the ability to follow directions, attention to detail, and time management.
- Excellent communication skills. Clearly expresses strategic and technical concepts, ideas, feelings, opinions, and conclusions orally and in writing for online and print.
- Initiate and maintain communication as needed to ensure tasks are successfully completed.
- Work cooperatively with coworkers (including staff in other units) to constructively resolve problems and accomplish goals, incorporating our core values of transparency, inclusiveness, open-mindedness, and mutual trust. Must be able to professionally handle any conflict or differences of perspective.
- Operate in a culture of inquiry, open to new ideas, and exploring divergent views with mutual respect.
- Use information to evaluate work goals, to identify and report needs, and to plan a course of action to accomplish a work goal.
- Maintain and complete varying workload requirements according to priority.
- Must be impeccably honest, trustworthy, and discreet regarding confidentiality issues.
- Demonstrate use of judgment, tact, diplomacy, and discretion to encourage workflow.
- Regularly use mathematical reasoning to accomplish tasks.
- Must be able to learn and apply new information or new skills.
- Pursue tasks with energy, paying special attention to detail, with a high standard of excellence in their work.
- Resilient in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Within the office, the noise level is frequently quiet, at less than 80 decibels, with controlled temperature conditions, and no direct exposure to hazardous physical substances.