Senior Consultant-Employee Benefits
Location: Warrington, Pennsylvania
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
Summary: The Senior Consultant interacts with clients on a day-to-day basis while developing and maintaining relationships with both client and carrier representatives. This individual will research, analyze, and evaluate medical, life, disability and other benefit plans and act as a trusted benefit advisor to clients. This role requires the employee to take on the role of lead consultant and primary point of contact for clients. The Senior Consultant is a seasoned advisor and may work on large, complex accounts with some degree of supervision and approval from their Supervisor. At this level, the Senior Consultant may have direct supervision of team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing, implementing and managing all aspects of an employer sponsored benefits program. Developing and executing client strategic plan and defined deliverables
- Exploring strategic alternatives and providing strategic guidance while quantifying the financial implication and associated risk of options presented for consideration
- Negotiating terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carriers and vendors
- Developing and maintaining ongoing relationships with clients; acting as the subject matter expert on Health & Welfare Benefits and vendor/carrier products and services
- Maintaining and executing a project plan to ensure client deliverables are provided on a timely basis. Delegating work to more junior team members as appropriate.
- Understanding and articulating alternative funding strategies, analyzing viability on a client specific basis
- Demonstrating a genuine understanding of the mechanics of client financials and related projections
- Building and maintaining strong relationships with clients and carriers
- Keeping clients apprised of appropriate industry trends including all state and federal regulatory issues
- Explaining regulatory compliance and legislative guidelines including as related to COBRA, HIPAA, ERISA, Section 125, and Health Care Reform
- Interpreting plan rules to ensure compliance with Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs)
- Anticipating client needs and identifying strategies to address them
- Overseeing the implementation of new business
- Overseeing open enrollment; developing and/or reviewing client presentations and communication materials
- May have direct supervisory responsibility of junior team members
- Review the work of junior team members and provide appropriate guidance and skill development
- Ensure all client data is entered into CRM System (Salesforce) in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills and/or Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge of carrier products and services, industry trends, benefits administration, regulatory compliance and HealthCare Reform
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective project management, time management and organizational skills
- Strong analytical and financial skills
- Excellent attention to detail and commitment to outstanding client service
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Risk Management, Business, Finance or a related field preferred
- 8+ years health and welfare consulting experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required
- GBA or CEBS Certification a plus
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.