Location: Bethesda, Maryland
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Role at NFP
As a Client Advocate, you will be a member of our client facing teams responsible for responding and resolving client/employee needs on a variety of topics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to and resolve customer service inquires and issues by identifying the topic and type of assistance the client needs such as benefits, eligibility and claims, financial spending accounts and correspondence.
- Help guide and educate clients and their employees about the fundamentals and benefits of their lines of coverage
- Intervene with care providers (doctor's offices) on behalf of the customer to assist with resolving claims and billing discrepancies
- Own problem through to resolution on behalf of the customer in real time or through comprehensive and timely follow-up with the member
- Research complex issues across multiple databases and work with support resources to resolve customer issues and/or partner with others to resolve escalated issues
- Meet the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, quality and customer satisfaction
- Process and assist with eligibility in escalated and urgent situations
- Research resources the vendor has available for the client to utilize such as wellness initiatives
- Make sure client remains compliant with federal and state laws
- Building client relationships
- Client database maintenance
- General administrative duties
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Minimum 2 years of experience with customer service in employee benefits field
- Demonstrate ability to listen skillfully, collect relevant information, determine immediate requests and identify the current and future needs of the member or client
- Proficient problem solving approach to quickly assess current state and formulate recommendations
- Proficient in translating healthcare-related jargon and complex processes into simple, step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Flexibility to customize approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities
- Proficient conflict management skills to include ability to resolve issues in a stressful situation and demonstrating personal resilience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Life and Health license
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.