Account Executive- Employee Benefits
Location: Endicott, New York
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Role at NFP
Summary: This is a full-time position, working within the NFP Select Team. The Account Executive will work within the team to help manage the renewal and marketing process, prepare presentations and communication materials and assist team members with day-to-day client servicing. Within this role, the Account Executive should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Initiates renewal communication with assigned monthly clients.
- Manage the Renewal/ Quoting process for assigned monthly clients; present and recommend plan options.
- Coordinate the implementation of new plans and/or continuation of current plans and contract changes for monthly assigned clients.
- Provide SBCs and Model Notices for Open Enrollment; Additional communications prepared as needed.
- Assist in day-to-day client servicing by fielding specific client questions and needs via queue process.
- Understand, interpret and articulate carrier and vendor responses to clients.
- Develop effective relationships with client and carrier contacts.
- Research compliance issues and questions.
- Work independently to manage client services, renewals and marketing requests.
- Ensure all client data is entered into CRM System (SalesForce) in a timely manner.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- Typically more than 5 years industry and product line experience.
- 4+ years of health and welfare consulting experience required.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required.
- GBA or CEBS Certification a plus.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $70,000 – $105,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.