(Hybrid) Account Manager, Employee Benefits
Location: Knoxville, Tennessee
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a five-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
About the Role
The Account Manager is responsible for working with Advisors and Account Executives to service client accounts. The position requires day to day client servicing for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager will manage the renewal process, and prepare materials for presentations and communications, in collaboration with their more senior team members. At this level, an Account Manager may take an active role in client meetings. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role, this person should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build and maintain key client and carrier relationships, by phone, e-mail and in person.
- Assist assigned clients with service questions related to administration, billing, claims issues and problem solving, upon request.
- Work with producer, and/or Account Executive, to monitor and manage the renewal process for assigned clients. Coordinate meeting with client and/or producer to present the renewal and supporting documents to gain acceptance of the renewal
- Schedule and conduct associate meetings in coordination with Account Executive or producer and complete the implementation process.
- Coordinate and facilitate preparation and delivery of benefit booklets and/or benefit statements and any other fulfillment items with the assistance of staff.
- Provide administrative support on other tasks as they arise such as assigned special projects and development of new ideas/services, as requested.
- Become proficient in the FBM Database, specifically to update policies that are written or renewed, log activities to document client meetings, carrier follow-up, service issues, establish follow-up date and daily manage follow-up. Also, understand how to use the system to acquire information to assist clients.
- Gain proficiency in benefit admin platforms to be able to provide day-to-day service to clients, troubleshoot basic issues, communicate plan information to the enrollment technology team
- Performs other duties as assigned and consistently makes independent judgments subject to general supervisor support.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of benefits administration, carrier products and services
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (or equivalent), and BA/BS preferred
- More than 3 years’ client service and/or industry and product line experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required.
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You… Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.