Affluent Personal Insurance Account Manager (NY tri-state hybrid/remote opt
Location: Stamford, Connecticut
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 202020, 2021and 2022. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
P&C Private Client Group (PCG) is a division of NFP Property & Casualty. We are a retail operation for affluent and wealthy individuals and families seeking personal lines products in the United States, parts of Europe, and Canada. Our headquarters are in New York City with offices across the country - specializing in insurance ranging from homeowners and auto to specialty lines, such as aircraft and watercraft.
The Account Manager is a critical member of each office. You will support the overall account management team on the day-to-day responsibilities of existing client programs. This is also a great opportunity for a Sr. Coordinator/Sr. Account Rep with solid PL/HNW experience to be promoted into an Account Manager role.
This position will ideally work a hybrid work week from our NYC or Morristown, NJ offices. We will consider a remote hire within the tri-state area for well-experienced candidates.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works proactively to develop relationships with carrier and client contacts.
- Will support preparing the request for proposals to applicable insurance carriers and spreadsheets results as they come in. Will support preparing the first draft of renewal presentations.
- Will support the account management team on reviewing proposals and carrier source documents for accuracy in collaboration with the Account Executive or Advisor/Client Executive.
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures. Responsible for keeping client policy records in the agency management system.
- Answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from the Accounting Dept. when necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people and function well both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
- Customer-focused to establish and maintain effective relationships
- Intermediate level of experience in Microsoft Office products, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet deadlines
- Possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Sharp attention to detail, decision-making skills, and problem resolution
- Flexibility and adaptability to changing priorities, deadlines and technology.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associates degree (or equivalent); BA/BS preferred
- Ideally, 2 years of P&C insurance office experience desired within Personal Lines or relatable Commercial Lines functions
- Recent college grads with degree in insurance/risk management considered
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C License upon hire or able to obtain within 3 months of hire
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.