REMOTE -Captive Insurance Accountant
Location: South Burlington, Vermont
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
As NFP has grown as a global risk management partner, it has expanded its footprint and expertise into the management of complex risk and its clients strategize to meet the emerging demands of the world's economic, environment, social, and regulatory challenges. NFP provides a comprehensive range of tech-forward alternative risk, captive consulting, and management solutions within our Risk & Insurance Strategy Collective ("RISC"). At the core of RISC is embedded a progressive mindset which embodies diversity and inclusion with a leadership deep-rooted in corporate social responsibility. This mindset elevates RISC's approach to development of our relationships with our partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the day-to-day operations of a portfolio of clients and be a contact for individuals from within various departments at the client (risk management, corporate accounting, tax, legal, etc.)
- Ensuring the quality and timeliness of financial reports and regulatory filings on a consistent basis, in coordination with other NFP colleagues
- Preparing financial statements and regulatory filings for a portfolio of clients, including data compilation, journal entry development and input, as well as the creation of comprehensive financial statements and related supporting schedules and related regulatory reports
- Liaise with insurance and reinsurance brokers, including preparation and review of captive insurance policies and reinsurance contracts, as required
- Coordinating efforts with outside service providers to meet client needs (audit, investment manager, actuary, claims manager, legal, etc.)
- Assisting in preparing and presenting materials during client board meetings, ensuring both optimum quality and “value add” of the information included
- Support the RISC team with ongoing strategic review of captive insurance company clients
- Ensure compliance with the RISC governance framework
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Proven ability to work effectively both in a team environment and independently in an office with other professionals in order to meet deadlines and satisfy the needs of the client and service team managers
- 2-4 yr Accounting degree and captive experience required
- Experience in preparing financial statements with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or related experiences
Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Organized and able to multi-task with the ability to effectively re-prioritize tasks as needed and manage several projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated responsiveness to internal and external clients
- Effective communicator, both verbally and written
- Demonstrated ability to identify areas requiring increased productivity and improve methods and approaches with managers guidance
- Contribute to a collaborative, innovative and forward-thinking office
- CPA candidate a plus
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.