Health & Benefits Support Manager
Location: Chesterfield, Missouri
Job Type: Full time
This role can be a hybrid role onsite in Austin, TX or Remote if you live somewhere else in TX.
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022. We are also recognized as an Elite 2018 Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
The Benefits & Life division provides one of the most team-oriented, can do, supportive environments within the NFP organization. Supporting several distinct business practices, as well as over 200 NFP offices and Benefits Partners member firms, allows for significant collaborate efforts and consistent growth opportunities within the division.
The Health & Benefits value proposition, which consists of components such as medical, ancillary, voluntary, pharmacy, compliance, human capital, cost containment, technology, and wellbeing is vast and ever growing. The Marketing Support Manager of Health & Benefits must be knowledgeable on each component and is responsible for driving the marketing and distribution efforts of this value proposition into the NFP offices and Benefits Partners member firms. This position if also responsible for assisting in the management of some select carrier and vendor relationships, as well as in the development of strategies that promote and drive the utilization of NFP tools and resources, core carrier and vendor partners’ products and services, and other components of the overall health and welfare value proposition.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and manage close relationships with key advisors and staff at affiliated firms, establishing oneself as the point person, providing marketing support and acting as an escalation for questions and trouble shooting.
- Act as a relationship manager for and assist in executing on the practice’s strategy with a variety of carrier and vendor relationships.
- Be an expert on the value proposition components that are available to firms and drive utilization of these resources throughout firms through a variety of marketing/packaging materials and campaigns.
- As needed, assist in organizing select corporate and practice events, such as national summits, strategic growth workshops and educational summits.
- Assist in bringing innovative concepts, solutions and ideas to the marketing/business enterprise that results in value to firms and their clients.
- Monitor carrier and vendor activity and assist as needed in managing financials of the health and welfare practice.
- Actively support firm recruiting efforts through organizing in-person or virtual meetings, educational onboarding sessions and firm/advisor consulting.
- Commitment to culture requires a demonstration of customer/client focus, professionalism, accountability, and teamwork
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND/OR ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated ability to drive firm-level sales
- Knowledge of employee benefits, carriers, industry trends and related understanding of compliance issues
- Superior people skills, customer service orientation
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with carriers, vendors, peers, professionals, and management
- Excellent communication and client relationship skills
- Ability to design and deliver effective presentations
- Sound marketing ability
- Strong negotiator and able to influence others/build productive relationships
- Ability to translate strategic initiatives into tangible business deliverables
- Strong presentation and public speaking skills
- Travel up to 30% of time
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or institution, preferably in marketing or related field.
- A diversified corporate benefits background with a general understanding of health, retirement, executive benefits, disability, and voluntary benefits.
- 3-5 years benefits marketing distribution experience, primarily in medical arena
- Experience and familiarity with distribution marketing channel environment
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATION:
- Industry designations preferred
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.