Construction Infrastructure Advisory Leader
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
NFP’s North American Construction & Infrastructure Group is seeking candidates for the role of Infrastructure Advisory Leader with demonstrated expertise delivering risk and insurance solutions for a given infrastructure assets entire lifecycle. The Infrastructure Advisory Leader leads account management, broking and risk and insurance due diligence services to various stakeholders responsible for delivering infrastructure projects including – contractors, engineers, investors, operators, public entities and lenders. This role requires the employee to take on the role of lead consultant and primary point of contact for clients.
Location will vary based on the ideal candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Function as lead industry participant in infrastructure stakeholder community on behalf of NFP
- Monitor and distribute to colleagues relevant news updates on new projects and emerging trends in the infrastructure industry.
- Lead and prepare responses to RFPs for proposed infrastructure projects
- Identify the type and scope of risks and insurance needs to an infrastructure project whether contractually required or based on best practice.
- Qualitatively and quantitatively assess a project’s risk profile, including benchmarking and reviewing financial security of insurers.
- Develop pro-forma insurance cost projections with respect to construction and operational insurance programs in connection with new projects are secondary market transactions.
- Identify areas of exposure or hidden liabilities (e.g. environmental) that may not have been optimally addressed by the target company and introduce potential solutions using insurance market capital.
- Identify unique characteristics of the transaction that may require custom solutions (e.g. representations and warranties, contingent liabilities, tax opinions).
- Evaluate and make recommendations on a project’s approach to risk management, loss control, and claims management.
- Deliver due diligence reports highlighting key risks, insurance program recommendations and pricing (as required)
- Upon successful appointment to awarded project negotiates terms, conditions, coverage limits and pricing with carriers and wholesalers (in coordination with broking colleagues)
- Works with the Claims Department on relevant claims occurring on associated projects
- Maintains a diary (follow-up system) to ensure policies, endorsements and other information is received to comply with requests
- May supervise and direct the daily job activities of the Coordinators, Account Managers and Account Executives.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with carriers, and clients through regular contact and client visits.
- Keep clients apprised of appropriate industry trends and events, including all state/provincial and federal regulatory issues.
- Identify cross selling opportunities for analytics, consulting and other products such as reps and warranties insurance.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Experience with alternative construction procurement methods including – P3, Design-Build, EPC etc.
- Proven track record working on civil, social and transportation infrastructure. Renewable and energy infrastructure a plus
- Requires expertise in multi-line projects with more complex coverages including property, casualty, environmental, professional liability and performance secuity.
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
- Self-confident to make sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess technical expertise plus good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; Master’s degree a plus
- 10+ years insurance experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- P&C License required or obtained within 90 days of employment
- Achieved one or more advanced industry designation(s) (e.g. CPCU, CIC, ARM)
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in NYC metro area is $180,000 – $230,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.