Senior Account Manager, Corporate Benefits
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 and we're looking for a Senior Account Manager to join our team who'll be responsible for working with Advisors and Account Executives to service client accounts. The Senior Account Manager will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the Account Executives and Advisors. In addition, this person prepares materials for presentations and communications and assists team members with day-to-day client servicing. At this level, the Senior Account Manager leads open enrollment presentations and manages the OE communication process and takes an active speaking role in client meetings. While in this role, this person should be maintaining relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The Senior Account Manager will have responsibility for managing the renewal and marketing process from start to finish, in conjunction with the Account Executives and Advisors.
- Reviews, benefit plan summaries, and carrier source documents for accuracy. Understands more difficult and complex regulatory language and rules.
- May serve as a mentor to more junior team members, trains more junior team members.
- Develops and maintains ongoing relationships with clients and their employees. Communicates directly with them and relies on a growing knowledge of the details of various insurance coverages.
- Acts as the subject matter expert on benefits and vendor/carrier products and services. Gets assistance on complex situations or products from more senior team members.
- Drafts client presentations in collaboration with Account Executives or Advisors; takes active role in client meetings.
- Update benefit guides, ensure client resources and communications are up to date following open enrollment or coverage change.
- Prepare document and data for annual client compliance audits to be presented by Account Executive, may take active role in presentation.
- Ensure 5500 form is filed and completed in a timely manner.
- May provide updates to clients regarding appropriate industry trends and events, including all state and federal regulatory issues.
- Understands and articulates alternative funding strategies.
- Proactive client service support in conjunction with the account management team.
- Oversees client projects such as implementation of new business, open enrollment process, non-discrimination testing, etc.
- Interprets plan rules to ensure compliance with Plan Documents and Summary Plan Descriptions
- Provides informal leadership and training to more junior team members, based on experience, without official supervisory responsibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services.
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs.
- Effective time management and decision-making skills.
- Diligent follow up skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities.
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS preferred.
- Typically, more than five years industry and product line experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Life, Accident and Health Insurance License required.
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.