AVP, P&C Construction Wrap-up Insurance (remote)
Location: Washington, District of Columbia
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Role at NFP
The Assistant Vice President assists the Vice President with responsibilities for multiple highly complex clients. Manages new and existing clients, maintains strong relationships with key client stakeholders and carriers, and is responsible for policy compliance and human resources functions.
This is an excellent opportunity for advancement for an Account Manager or Account Executive with extensive general commercial lines knowledge. Knowledge of construction and wrap-up coverage is ideal.
This position will support our CT office. We offer the flexibility of a remote hire within the US.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Participate and support Insurance Wrap Marketing for Full Wrap (Workers’ Compensation and Liability) as well as GL Only Wrap (Liability only) program as needed
- Coordinate and Manage oversight for OCIP and CCIP Services including Administration, Claims, Safety and Actuarial Services for assigned clients and prospects
- Participate as needed in sales presentations to clients and prospective clients
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with complex and large clients; Act as the subject matter expert on Property & Casualty and carrier products and services
- Maintains and manages solid relationships with clients and carrier sales representatives. Negotiate with carriers for the best possible result
- Work with Senior Leadership team to develop regional client deliverables. Ensure deliverables are executed within the local office(s) and that they are complete, accurate and conform to NFP standards. Make adjustments as necessary
- Attend renewal and strategy meetings with high-profile or complex clients. Manage team structure and monitor team workload to determine capacity to take on new clients
- Facilitate and Manage Close Out of assigned OCIP and CCIP programs
- Participate as needed in Business Development Activities in assigned regions/nationally. This includes internal and external conferences as well as NFP regional sales meetings and strategy sessions
- Participate and Develop Wrap-up Administration Procedures as needed
- As needed, recruit, screen, train and supervise wrap-up administrative staff
- Analyze and provide input regarding enhancements to wrap-system software
- Conduct on-site training of contractors as needed
- Prepare Wrap-up meeting materials and lead on-site meetings as necessary for contractors and assigned clients
- Participate and prepare financial savings models, annual stewardship reports and customized analyses for clients as needed
- Review, develop and provide input on wrap-up administrative documents, reports and forms
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities
- Excellent written communication skills – writes clearly; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numeric data effectively; able to read and interpret written information
- Self-confident in making sound independent decisions
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people/personalities
- Strong leadership skills
- Must be able to read, analyze and reconcile financial reports
- Possess technical expertise plus good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle situations in a calm, courteous and professional manner
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS preferred
- At least 10 years of construction industry and/or product line experience
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Property & Casualty Broker's License required or able to obtain within 3 months of hire
- CPCU or other P&C designation preferred
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in New York and California is $100,000 – $150,000.
The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.