Producer, Employee Benefits
Location: Denver, Colorado
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Corporate Benefits Producer is responsible for selling insurance products to new and existing middle market clients through an integrated selling strategy. Manages sales results, maintains strong relationships with key client and prospect stakeholders. Identifies prospective clients and works to develop relationships and close new client relationships. Primary focus is new business sales.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identifies, develops and initiates plans to increase sales to middle market clients
- Leads sales activities with middle market clients and prospects over 100 employee lives.
- Works with sales enablement and team members to sell P&C products to new and existing clients
- Achieve cross-sell targets with team members in Property & Casualty and Retirement divisions
- Confers with senior management on setting targets and reports actual results.
- Reviews sales results with other members of the sales team, strategizing changes and troubleshooting problems
- Develops and maintains relationships with key client and prospect stakeholders and carrier representatives
- Lead by example regarding compliance with set policies
- Confers with local and regional management on setting and achieving integrated selling targets
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Knowledge of Employee Benefits industry trends, carrier products and services and market trends
- Ability to work independently and anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision making skills
- Diligent follow up skills
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Commanding presentation and public speaking abilities
Education and/or Experience:
- BA/BS preferred
- More than 5 years of directly related industry sales experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- CO Property and Casualty Broker-Agent License (optional
- CO Life, Accident and Health Agent License (required)
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
The base salary range for this position in Colorado area is $80,000 – $120,000. The base salary offered will be determined by factors including, but not limited to, experience, credentials, education, certifications, skill level required for the position, the scope of the position, and geographic location. Actual base salary offered will be determined on a case-by-case basis. In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
NFP and You... Better together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.