(Hybrid) Associate, Individual Solutions
Location: Plymouth, Minnesota
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 and we're looking for an Associate to join our team who'll be responsible for working directly with Sr. Advisors to assist with the wealth management and financial planning needs of clients. This position is responsible for providing support to Sr. Advisors including data gathering, case design, scenario building, financial plan development, financial plan application, and portfolio implementation.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 3 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to Sr. Advisors in all areas of financial planning.
- Prepare materials for client meetings; work with other Wealth Management team members to ensure client meetings are prepared thoroughly and accurately.
- Attend most client meetings with Sr. Advisor and/or Paraplanner
- Take notes during the meetings.
- Types up case notes for the file.
- Learn to manage the follow-up task from client meetings.
- Delegate the follow-up tasks to the appropriate people on the team.
- Initiate and field client calls on various items (e.g., strategy ideas, account specific questions, portfolio inquiries, etc.)
- Create and/or update financial plans for clients.
- Assist with special projects as required.
- Participate in the Investment Committee meetings.
- Assist Paraplanner with the investment management screening.
- Enter data into SmarthOffice CRM.
- Learn the Personal CFO Model.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong interest and commitment to develop sales skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Demonstration of project management and consulting skills.
- Effective time management and decision-making skills.
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications.
- Strong Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint skills.
- Understanding of basic investment principals and knowledge (as demonstrated by education history, continuing education, and/or work experience).
- Travel to client offices and work locations 50% of the time, and more travel during periods of heavy activity, such as fall open enrollment season.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelors’ degree or higher from an accredited university; major in financial planning, business, accounting, finance or economics preferred.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years of financial service experience preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Securities License required.
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.