Business Development Representative
Location: Santa Ana, California
Job Type: Full time
The Business Development Representative supports the sales process by generating potential clients and developing and maintaining a book of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contacts prospective clients about insurance products and policies.
- Focuses on less complex clients and prospects.
- Receives regular coaching/mentoring from more senior sales leaders.
- Responsible for developing and increasing sales for assigned book of business and/or territory/industry sector by compiling lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads, based on information from business directories, industry ads, trade shows, Internet websites, and other sources
- Confers with management on setting and achieving integrated selling targets. May get assistance or work on the clients of a Senior Advisor / Client Executive.
- Reports actual results to team and utilizes tools such as Salesforce and Epic.
- With direction, explains various insurance policies and products to potential and existing clients; guides clients in selecting coverage to best meet their needs.
- Acquire skill and knowledge to builds customized insurance policies and packages to meet clients’ needs.
- Assist in processing insurance policy renewals.
- Assists clients with filing insurance claims.
- Maintains records and files as required.
- May exercise independent judgment subject to general supervisor support.
- Other duties and projects as assigned by manager
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong client presence with project management, presentation and facilitation skills
- Well organized with the ability to handle several projects/clients simultaneously
- Proficiency with MS Office products, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Dedicated work ethic with a commitment to client service excellence
- Experience working in a team environment
- Willingness to relocate
- Willingness to travel
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors or related preferred
- 0-2 years of related experience preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Licensed or willing to become licensed in insurance within six months
Physical Demand: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to handle or feel and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.