(Hybrid) Benefits Analyst
Location: Royal Oak, Michigan
Job Type: Full time
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 and we're looking for an Analyst to join our team who'll be responsible for manage the renewal and marketing process, prepare presentations and communication materials, assist team members with day-to-day client servicing and provide general support to more senior team members. While in this role, the Analyst should be developing relationships with clients and carrier contacts and working proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients.
This is a hybrid position with in-office flexibility 2-3 days a week.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the Renewal/Marketing Process including but limited to:
- Gather vendor information and/or information from clients for marketing purposes
- Organize data into NFP format
- Prepare RFP (request for proposal) and send to carriers
- Ensure all client data is entered into CRM System (SalesForce) in a timely manner and that documents are stored appropriately in file system (Image/Right, OneBox)
- Help coordinate the implementation of new plans and/or the continuation of current plans and contract changes.
- Client servicing including financial reporting and financial related client questions and needs
- Prepare financial reports to be used in monthly and quarterly reviews.
- Reports include claims, premium, membership, high claimants and network utilization
- Preparation and yearly maintenance of client communications such as Employee Benefits Guides and other open enrollment materials as needed; Review benefit plan summaries and carrier source documents for accuracy.
- Annual Employee Contribution Analysis for clients, including but not limited to defined contributions, per dependent cost structure, and wellness credits, as directed by the Account Management team and client needs
- Assist Account Teams in day-to-day client servicing by fielding specific client questions and needs.
- Understand, interpret and articulate carrier and vendor responses to clients.
- Develop effective relationships with client and carrier contacts.
- Maintain confidentiality and HIPAA compliance with all client information obtained in the course of work.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What We’re Looking For
- Knowledge of benefits administration, HealthCare Reform, industry trends, carrier products and services
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Effective time management and decision-making skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Diligent follow up skills
Education and/or Experience
- Four Year college or university degree
- 2 years of health and welfare consulting experience is preferable.
Certificates, Licenses, Registration
- Employees required to obtain the Michigan Life and Health License within first 12 months of employment.
Who We Are:
We’re a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
What We Offer:
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better Together!
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.