Affluent Personal Insurance Account Executive (Hybrid-Chicago)
Location: Indianapolis, Indiana
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
NFP is a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance who has also earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine and the WORK180 employer endorsement. We’re a recognized Elite Agency award winner and a leading property and casualty broker, benefits consultant, wealth manager, and retirement plan advisor. NFP provides solutions enabling client success through the expertise of over 7,000 global employees, investments in innovative technologies, and enduring relationships with highly rated insurers, vendors and financial institutions. To learn more, please visit: https://www.NFP.com.
The Role at NFP
The Account Executive is a critical member of each office. You will manage the day-to-day responsibilities of existing client programs. You will manage a book of business and work with a team to provide sales support and multiple services to a range of clients.
We offer a hybrid work schedule sharing the week from our downtown Chicago office (required) and work-from-home.
- Manage, maintain, and create client programs, including group excess and special markets billing
- Negotiate coverage terms and pricing with carriers
- Work with other team members in providing sales support for the acquisition of new customers
- Assist with underwriting, pricing, and proposal preparation
- Attend outside meetings with marketing partners, client groups, and insurance carriers
- Expected to manage a book of business of approx. 300 accounts and $2-3M in premium
- Work with internal and external centers of influence to develop new business
- Ability to provide client support, develop and maintain relationships, and work independently on assigned accounts
- Lead by example regarding compliance with set policies
- P&C license required upon hire
- P&C Account/Client Management experience in Personal Lines/PCG
- Familiarity with major markets, such as AIG, Chubb/ACE, PURE, BerkleyOne and Cincinnati Financial. This includes knowledge of their products, appetite and experience with their quoting systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Highly professional and self-motivated
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with clients, colleagues, and carriers
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, and Excel
- A bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2 years of Personal Lines industry and product line experience
- In addition to familiarity with the major markets as mentioned above, a familiarity with carriers such as Travelers and Progressive as well as The National Flood Ins. Program
- Experience with Epic a plus
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.