Sr. Coordinator/Broker Admin Support, Environmental/Commercial Insurance (h
Location: Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017-2022. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner and named a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com/
This position will provide admin/operational support to our Environmental Department. We offer a hybrid work schedule from any of our local offices in Houston, TX; Palm Beach Gardens, FL; Morristown, NJ. We are open to well-experienced hires to be fully remote working within CST or EST time zones hours.
The Role at NFP
Summary: This is a dual, account support and broking role, requiring the Environmental Broker/ Sr. Coordinator to assist the Environmental and Commercial Lines account teams by providing basic administrative and support functions in the team's day-to-day servicing of clients in addition to the responsibilities of broking new and renewal business. You will gather and input data into the agency management system and assist with various tasks and processes relative to new and renewal accounts. You will participate in special projects, as assigned by management or senior-level staff (e.g. Account Managers or Account Executives), and in trainings with the team.
You will assist the Environmental team with the placement of renewal pollution policies including pollution legal liability (PLL), contractor’s pollution liability (CPL) and underground storage tank liability (UST) policies. In addition to working on renewals, you will assist the senior brokers with large placements and work across the firm to place new business within NFP offices. You will ensure all clients’ needs are promptly and accurately satisfied, all deadlines are met, and service standards are achieved.
This is an excellent opportunity for growth for an experienced Commercial lines Sr. Coordinator or Jr. Broker. Title, salary and hybrid/remote status will be commensurate with experience and credentials.
Essential Account Coordinator Duties and Responsibilities:
- Creates and maintains client files in accordance with office procedures.
- Prepares certificates of insurance and cancellations under the direction of more senior-level staff.
- Learns to compile data for the Account Management Team to use in proposals and coverage checklists. May also assist in preparing proposals.
- Verifies that documentation (policies and endorsements,) and the information requested is accurate.
- Learns to perform policy checks, audit checks, and the process for completing coverage checklists and coverage recommendation letters (under the direction of senior-level staff)
- May be the first line of answering billing questions from clients and insurance company personnel with assistance from the Accounting Dept. when necessary. When an order comes in, verifies rates are correct, adjusts for any additional premium and expedites invoice at the direction of more senior level staff.
- Verifies the accuracy and compliance of requested documentation (policies and endorsements).
- Processes invoices for premium and non-premium endorsements , follow up with carriers for outstanding policies, endorsements, corrections, etc.
- Processes surplus lines filings with the surplus lines teams and coordinate the completion of SL carrier forms.
Essential Broker Support Duties and Responsibilities:
- Proactively coordinate broking around the renewal cycle in accordance to NFP’s service model standards and timelines.
- Effectively negotiate with insurance carriers, seize upon opportunities to creatively upsell and cross-sell.
- Collaborate with account management team and client to ensure complete, timely and highly differentiated submissions are presented to markets, respond to carrier queries, compile carrier quote proposals and critically and comparatively analyze each, and present prospects or clients with a clear summary of the marketing process, and a proposal with recommendations.
- Support team members with proposal preparation for existing and prospective clients.
- Respond to client queries and concerns to resolve issues promptly.
- Review binders and policies to ensure terms and conditions are accurately reflected.
- Attend client meetings as a part of the team to strengthen and hone client communication and presentation skills.
- Assist in the development of sales documents, presentations and RFP responses for prospective new clients.
- Assist in presenting proposals to producers and account management teams and participate in client meetings.
- Assist with preparing coverage comparisons, diagnostics, consolidated coverage/policy analyses, letters and reports under the direction of the Senior Broker or Broking Team Leader.
- Develop productive business relationships with key insurance underwriters and local NFP account management teams.
- Maintain accurate client and policy information in NFP’s Epic agency management system.
- Ensure client, broking, and brokerage data files are maintained in a complete, organized, and timely fashion.
- Develop and maintain a thorough knowledge of the insurance marketplace and available products and services.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully interact with a variety of people
- Excellent negotiation skills – ability to adjust the approach to effectively drive optimal outcomes depending on different personalities
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail with strong analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to adjust to changing workloads and priorities
- Able to coordinate resources and responsibilities
- Self-motivated and determined with a positive attitude and sense of urgency
- Proven technical competency and creativity demonstrating excellence in developing and delivering innovative property and casualty solutions
- Confident, poised, and interactive - when client-facing communicates effectively, demonstrate emotional intelligence, and understands how to tailor responses in a variety of dynamic situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Epic or similar (agency management system) is a plus
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent preferred
- 3 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- P&C license or able to obtain within 90 days of hire
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an incl