Commercial Insurance Select Business Sr Account Manager (hybrid or remote)
Location: Peabody, Massachusetts
Job Type: Full time
Who We Are:
We’re NFP, a six-time Best Places to Work award winner in Business Insurance for 2017 through 2022 who has earned the 5-Star Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) award from Insurance Business magazine. We are also recognized as an Elite Agency award winner named as a Top Employee Benefits Firm. We are a leading Insurance Broker and Consultant that provides Employee Benefits, Property & Casualty, and Retirement and Individual Private Client solutions to help our clients reach and realize their goals because we believe business is personal. Our personal commitment to our team and our clients have created long-lasting and successful relationships across our growing 300+ nationwide offices and 17 international locations. To learn more, please visit: https://www.nfp.com.
We are growing! We have an opportunity to join our dynamic Client Facing Team. The Account Manager is responsible for servicing client accounts within our Select Business Unit. The position requires day-to-day client servicing for a specific set of clients and entails a great deal of verbal, electronic and other written communications. The Account Manager will educate and guide our clients on their insurance portfolio, and manage the renewal process, which includes providing proactive account reviews and presenting options in written and oral form. Work is completed with a significant amount of independent discretion. While in this role, this person should be developing relationships with clients as well as other internal departments to work proactively to effectively and efficiently deliver services to clients.
This position will ideally work from our Plymouth, NH office on a hybrid schedule. We are open to well-experienced candidates on a fully remote schedule.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Give the most prompt, accurate, and courteous service that customers have ever received…anywhere.
- Increase revenue by rounding out commercial lines accounts
- Develop relationships that lead to new business sales
- Build and maintain constructive and effective relationships with clients by meeting and exceeding expectations
- Provide consistent, accurate, timely, and pertinent communication to clients
- Resolve/assist with any service issues/questions
- Assist clients in making appropriate coverage changes, making each contact a marketing opportunity
- Inform and educate clients about coverage, exclusions and exposures and document electronic files accordingly
- Respond to clients’ needs by providing/producing binders, certificates, policies, auto id cards, evidence of insurance, and other related items accurately and on time
- Monitor and review client satisfaction
- Electronically document all communication with clients
- Review policies
- As appropriate, market, negotiate, prepare and analyze alternative renewal options
- Develop written, graphic, and electronic renewal materials as appropriate
- Follow established agency procedures for effective utilization of the agency management system
- Take advantage of personal and professional development opportunities such as continuing education, professional designations, and in-house training
- Adhere to all state laws and regulations regarding insurance agents (licensing, continuing education, etc)
- Assist with or complete other tasks as directed by agency management
- Property and casualty insurance license preferred upon hire
- Understanding of commercial insurance underwriting, coverages and rate analysis
- Knowledge of insurance coverages and an ability to communicate this knowledge clearly to clients and underwriters
- Must understand marketplace trends and best practices to meet clients’ needs
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and self-manage workload
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Works proactively to develop relationships with the team and client contacts
- Attends departmental meetings
- Engages in proactive Account Reviews with the clients, initiating the request for coverage changes and/or quotes as a result to the appropriate department
- Works daily in our data management system (EPIC) in accordance with our workflows
In addition to the above, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Strong Leadership skills
- Critical Thinking skills
- Ability to work independently yet be a team player
- Anticipate client and team needs
- Effective time management and decision-making skills
- Knowledge of Property & Casualty Insurance, ideally Commercial Lines Products/Coverages
- Ability to express ideas clearly and confidently in both written and oral communications
- Strong Customer Service skills/desire to work with the public
- Ability to utilize technology to improve efficiencies in communications
- Sales skills a plus
Education and/or Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent
- The ideal candidate will have prior Insurance Experience
- A College Degree or any Insurance Designations are preferred but not required
Certificates, Licenses, Registration:
- Property and Casualty License is required at this level, if not prior to hire, within 90 days of hire
What We Offer
NFP is proud to offer a competitive salary, PTO & paid holidays, 401(k) with match, exclusive discount programs, health & wellness programs, and more. Our PeopleFirst culture focuses on building and nurturing lifelong relationships with our employees because, at the end of the day, we exist to be there for others.
NFP and You... Better. Together.
NFP is an inclusive Equal Employment Opportunity employer.